07 Ducato clock flashing??? 😒🤔

I would be amazed if your cab radio had anything to do with any Canbus connections on your age van. Ducatos 10+ years younger than yours still have non-Canbus radios.
You could have disturbed something else I suppose when disconnecting the radio?
David, I wasn't actually suggesting Kev's problem was caused by the radio but was guessing it's a problem to or from a controller on one of the controllers area network buses.
Didn't you have a air bag controller changed recently Kev?

David, I wasn't actually suggesting Kev's problem was caused by the radio but was guessing it's a problem to or from a controller on one of the controllers area network buses.
Nothing recently John, the body module was acting up about 2 years ago it was a bad earth I think & about the same time I had the ECU repaired.

On the plus side it's still not flashing.

1713368683903.png

My reply was regarding the observation that the flashing started when he disconnected the radio, and that the flashing was related to a Canbus issue.
It would be easy therefore to put 2 and 2 together and in this case make 3.14 (Kev likes his Pies ;) ) .
So just pointing out Radio has nothing to do with Canbus on his generation of Ducato (and maybe on NO generations for that matter?)

I'm not happy about your assertion that I like Pies, you're confusing me with that gnome oop norf east from me

1713371747484.png

My reply was regarding the observation that the flashing started when he disconnected the radio, and that the flashing was related to a Canbus issue.
It would be easy therefore to put 2 and 2 together and in this case make 3.14 (Kev likes his Pies ;) ) .
So just pointing out Radio has nothing to do with Canbus on his generation of Ducato (and maybe on NO generations for that matter?)
The wiring to radio of later Sevel vans relies on a bus signal to emulate an ignition on rather than a physically switched +supply, especially a problem with those that have steering wheel controls and swapping out the OM fitted one for aftermarket.
Definitely a feature since 2013 but think it started with the introduction of the X250 around 2007 although not sure when actually introduced.
The flashing odometer is a common problem on Ducato vans caused by a bus system fault, many references to it on forums, usually related to radios and air bag controllers.

Back