2009 Ducato D+

eurajohn

I need a D+ signal and so far can't find one, van does have a socket in B post but can't find signal there.
Help please.

Mmh don’t know the answer as its been a long time since i had a ducato but if you cant find it maybe try the fridge or charging relay as the D+ would be present there

Bit more involved than that.
I have just bought from Germany a Frankia T640 FF2 and upon getting it home find a few problems, first was that the Oyster system didn't work properly, Ten Haaft sorted that but then realised the dish didn't park on engine start and looking deeper the fridge worked all the time if 12 volt selected engine on or not as well of course to all other outputs associated with engine running operation.
Some more in depth investigation required, located the Electroblock EBL 220-2 and the 25amp fuse which should only be fitted if a compressor or AES fridge is fitted was in place, hence continuous supply to the non AES fridge.
The black sense wire for dish was attached to the correct wire on the EBL but didn't energise, then looking deeper I found the wire from pin 4 of BL 12 was simply tucked behind the controller connected to nothing, attached to the end of it was a plug of the style used on the EBL, on checking, no signal is / was present on the wire.
I opened up the engine battery area and found the D+ wire there connected to nothing, and nothing to connect it to, this wire didn't appear in the area of the Electrobloc , when searching in the double floor area I found the other end, still with its original Lumberg pin crimped on.
I can only guess that the previous owners had removed some equipment without re-instating the original system.
I've replaces all connections and confirmed that the Electroblock works correctly as it should but now need the D+ signal to operate it.
I've checked the bottom of B post and do have a small wiring block there, unfortunately it is not populated with a D+ signal.
As a note the wire (yellow and marked by Frankia as D+ ) in the engine battery box has an 8 mm ring terminal crimped on and it appears to have never been fitted to anything.

I did think about using a D+ simulator but not sure how that would work as the solar system would be supplying the habitation and engine battery with a constant charge which I'd guess would cause it to think the alternator was working.

Do you have an electric step ?

does it retract automatically as soon as you start the engine ?

D+ will orginate at the alternator

As mentioned above all of the normally controlled fittings effectively do not work, although since reconnecting the EBL as it should be, when 12 volt power is applied to the wire feeding the EBL what should be the D+ signal the step retracts, the fridge operates on 12 volt, the dish parks itself and charge is supplied to the hab batteries.
I'm aware of where the signal effectively originates from, however there is no D+ terminal on the alternator.

yellow and marked by Frankia as D+ ) in the engine battery box has an 8 mm ring terminal crimped on and it appears to have never been fitted to anything.”

seems to me a bit odd having an 8mm ring term and being in engine battery box ? This 8mm ring connector would be to connect to a battery terminal Which obviously not the case ?

Any help?

Perhaps there was a voltage sensing device that sensed the increase in voltage and this has been removed ?

Another thought what about the cigarette lighter ? Is it only live when engine running ? Use that if it is

I've searched most forums (including that one) with no success, although found many asking same question.

Voltage sensing devise VSR or D+ simulator wouldn't work as required , van has solar power so constant charge to engine and habitation batteries, would cause them to energise continually (when the sun shines).

As a last resort I could use an ignition switched source but then the EBL would trigger all the relevant circuits whenever the ignition was switched on, biggest problem there would be step auto retract.

Cigarette lighter no good then ?

Ask a FIAT dealer or SMC Frankia’s uk dealer or Frankia direct for a wiring diagram ?

Quick update, after hours of searching the internet I found an old training manual from Fiat which was from when the X250 came out, it had a detailed description of the electrical circuits, even down to pin outs of the various connections.
It is on pin 25 of the bottom right hand connector (blue plug), brown and green wire in the fuse panel of the body computer, very small wires so must just be all communication wires.

Attached a new lead to it and connected to the D+ input cable of Electroblock and everything now works as it should.

20191002_175117.jpg

It is on pin 25 of the bottom right hand connector (blue plug), brown and green wire in the fuse panel of the body computer, very small wires so must just be all communication wires.

I’ve just bought a 69 plate Citroen Relay. I really hope this is in the same place on mine!
I’ve spent most of the day trying to find this info

eurajohn - Thanks for posting your solution. Can I ask how you made the connection to the existing wire?

I have a Sargent EC155 that is expecting an engine-run signal and I am hoping to use it for that.

This is all you need to know :)

Not my site, but I followed it and have a perfect D+ I use for step, B2B, tracker "engine start" etc.

If only I had that socket! Mine is a basic builders-type van that has been self converted and unfortunately there are no electrical connections there on a basic van to make use of.

I took a look at the wiring that eurajohn mentions can be tapped into and there is very little room to work on them - does the plug come out somehow does anyone know? Is it safe to unplug it? I tried to look through the wires and have yet to find a brown/green wire on my 2014 Ducato but maybe its easier with the plug removed?

Any tips to make the connection would be appreciated.

@eurajohn
As Active campers said, I found it very useful.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back