2016 Fiat Ducato lights/flasher issue

Carrerasax

Well I had to leave after Halloween just to make sure I wasn’t being spooked 🤣🤣
So when ignition on, o/s driving light not working
Dipped lights on, o/s/f indicator on constantly
O/s/f indicator on, front lamp on permanently, mirror lamp also on permanently but with faint flash also.
N/s indicator on, driving light flashes with indicator.

I think that all the details🤔. Anyone any idea what the issue might be?

If it was me, I would first check the scuttle under the bonnet is not blocked. With all the rain we have had there could have been a lot of water on the electrics if it was not being drained away.

If it was me, I would first check the scuttle under the bonnet is not blocked. With all the rain we have had there could have been a lot of water on the electrics if it was not being drained away.
I keep scuttle regularly cleared😀
Also be worth checking engine and gearbox earth points and cables,pull the multi plugs out shake em and a wee spray of water repellent wouldn't go a miss
so you mean the plugs on the back of lights, WD40 ok🤔

Garage that were replacing glow plugs when problem first occurred, swapped the headlamps over because they thought it may be a module on that causing the problem.
Then suggested they thought there was a control module somewhere by knees drivers side that controlled lighting🤔

WD40 will also disperse any helpful lubricant.

I‘d be looking closely at earth points

Battery earth under cab floor seems tight, clean and dry.
Presumably gear box earth is up behind the engine somewhere🤔
Could this have been dislodged when garage were replacing the glow plugs. I think they mentioned having to get to the back one, from underneath 🤔

More investigating today and sone real weird noises going on. How do I upload videos?

I’ve tried saving in files but those that attach options brings up are not the file that phone pics adds to🤔😫
What is this apparently spare lead just under bonnet behind the grille. I can see anywhere it has become detached from?

IMG_6086.jpeg

How do I upload videos?
If you have a YouTube (Google Account) Go to Youtube Studio here https://studio.youtube.com/
Upload your video and if you want mark it as unlisted
Copy Link to video and paste it into the media link button on the menu here.
1699717772651.png
Regarding your lights issue, could be a an earth fault or short or water ingress some where ?

I believe there is a way to do an online search using your photo. I don't know how to do it but it might shed light on what that fitting is.

Are these them🤔

So to update, I’ve managed to get o/s headlamp unit out and removed/unplugged all 3 bulbs and all seemed clean dry and not corroded.
Put back but nothing changed🤔
All very complicated 😫🤔

Don’t know how I’ve made them private, hope you can see them on here😫🤔

Last edited:
Reactions: RAW
Have you found out where the flasher relay units are ? Could be a faulty relay unit shorting perhaps ?

The relays may be some where else and not at the Fusebox location. Have you got a manual as usually tells you in that ?

So, mobile auto electrician visited for 1.5 hours this afternoon and eventually deduced that o/s/f headlamp plug was on wrong way round. He didn’t know it was possible to do this.
Garage that did glow plugs previously had told me they had swapped over headlamp modules( or something similar) to attempt to resolve an indicator issue, not sure what. I can’t remember what they said😫

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back