3d printer

re; prosthetics .spoke to lad, lower arms are just about possible and plans are availale , but the machines are a bit too small foranything bigger , so i suppose it would need to be printed in loads of sections- not great .
I will have to stick with carbon fibre a bit longer then :)

After reading this thread I decided to get my 3D printer back into operation :)
Well, I sorted out the hot end (nozzle where the filament gets melted and pushed through) and printed a couple of things (y)

But then a printer part broke :cry:
View attachment 51906
RHS Belt Tensioner for the X (left to right) Axis.

Fits in this part ...
View attachment 51907

Usually the fix for a broken part like this is simply to print a new part on your 3D printer, but a bit tricky if your 3D printer is broken :rolleyes:

Now a request :p
Does anyone with a working 3D printer fancy making a new bit for me?
:cool:
I think this would be a suitable part for my Printer (a Prusa i3 clone) and also an upgrade! (the part that broke has a definate weak point)
View attachment 51908
Available on thingyverse here - https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:937967 - but it is only the part in the picture above that I am needing (once up and running again I could print off the other bits if needed.
Sorry I'm away from my printer so unable to help this time.

After reading this thread I decided to get my 3D printer back into operation :)
Well, I sorted out the hot end (nozzle where the filament gets melted and pushed through) and printed a couple of things (y)

But then a printer part broke :cry:
View attachment 51906
RHS Belt Tensioner for the X (left to right) Axis.

Fits in this part ...
View attachment 51907

Usually the fix for a broken part like this is simply to print a new part on your 3D printer, but a bit tricky if your 3D printer is broken :rolleyes:

Now a request :p
Does anyone with a working 3D printer fancy making a new bit for me?
:cool:
I think this would be a suitable part for my Printer (a Prusa i3 clone) and also an upgrade! (the part that broke has a definate weak point)
View attachment 51908
Available on thingyverse here - https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:937967 - but it is only the part in the picture above that I am needing (once up and running again I could print off the other bits if needed.
son says he'll print one when he gets home and try and get it to me tomorrow . so if you pm me your address ...

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back