A Nice Damp Con.

Slowho

A guy came to my door asking if I wanted to sell MH. We agreed a price 32 grand. He came back with 2 friends to have a look over it. One lad had a damp meter and was checking it out. The other distracted me to open the bonnet. Then they found some water in a the back locker and also in the front. Oh it will cost 20 grand to fix all needs to be stripped out. After all the recent rain it was a good ploy and an offer of 15 grand was made. Good try but fortunately I also have a damp meter and had checked my van days before and all ok. I politely refused their offer and away they went. Be aware a simple trick a squeezy bottle of water and hey presto a cheap van buy..

A guy came to my door asking if I wanted to sell MH. We agreed a price 32 grand. He came back with 2 friends to have a look over it. One lad had a damp meter and was checking it out. The other distracted me to open the bonnet. Then they found some water in a the back locker and also in the front. Oh it will cost 20 grand to fix all needs to be stripped out. After all the recent rain it was a good ploy and an offer of 15 grand was made. Good try but fortunately I also have a damp meter and had checked my van days before and all ok. I politely refused their offer and away they went. Be aware a simple trick a squeezy bottle of water and hey presto a cheap van buy..
I'd let them give me 15000 for mine 😅🤣

Had very same in Southampton 3 years ago.
Most likely not the same chancers .. mine went by twice before knocking the door .

Back