An interesting few hours....

RoaminRog

Parked up at Auchan supermarket last night, with a view to buying a few bits of French food etc this morning, to bring home with us.
Taking the dog for a late night walk, I noticed a chap, on a bike eyeing us up, and a few minutes later another one appeared, again on a bike. Slightly unnerved, I watched through the window for a while, and then saw another three walking towards us.
Decided at that point to move on, and as we’ve always felt safe there, set the satnag for Cite Europe.
Now then, either I pressed the wrong button or the satnav had an epileptic fit, but we ended up on the approach to le Shuttle, with a big sign telling me to have my ticket ready!
After a few minutes of blind panic, I noticed a sign indicating Pet Reception Centre and more importantly Tout Directions.
Following the sign, with hope in my heart, our way was eventually barred by a large gate across the road, and our only option was the PRC car park.
Pretending to be stupid (pretending???) I told the staff of my mistake, and was told that I could park over in the car park, because it was safer than safe. So many cameras, security guards, patrols, fences, gates etc, we would be perfectly safe until morning.
Good night sleep to follow!.....
until that is, we were rudely awaken by Max the dog, telling us something was not right.
Then, very loud barking outside told us that Max wasn’t the only one upset.
By the time I was decent, there was the illegal, sat on the floor, in the middle of the car park, being barked at by a very large Alsatian, who was on the end of a lead being held by a very large security guard.
It seems that the gate which originally blocked our route was automatic and would open when approached, and all the illegal had to do was wait in the shadows, for a vehicle to come along, and then slip through, while it was still closing and crawl under our van. Very good security! Having said that, it was my fault for parking in the PRC, which is an almost perfect indication that we are heading for Blighty. Sitting ducks comes to mind!
The first person to ask why we parked in the People’s Republic of China loses 10 bonus points!

I think they are missing a trick they need to put a decoy trailer with a one way door , and collect them and then drop them all off at Perpignan , would not take long for the news to get out !

Just not worth the risk Trev..... I would have to bring the security guard as well, and his dog, not to mention any family, it goes on.

That gate opens in the morning, so if you're parked up outside citi europe you can turn right out of the car park, and it's at the end of the same road. Saves doing the loop to get around to the main entrance.

well he could get a job easier in Norfolk picking fruit or veg or plucking turkeys in a few week {hand plucked bird taste better not so much dabe

That gate opens in the morning, so if you're parked up outside citi europe you can turn right out of the car park, and it's at the end of the same road. Saves doing the loop to get around to the main entrance.
Thanks for that. Now that I know the layout, things will be a lot easier in the future.
If you park in Cite Europe, they are not sure whether you are going home or have just arrived, but if you park in the PRC then they would have a pretty good idea that you are on your way home.

well he could get a job easier in Norfolk picking fruit or veg or plucking turkeys in a few week {hand plucked bird taste better not so much dabe
I don’t think he was a very good worker Barry, he didn’t make a very good job of cleaning underneath my van. 👍

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back