Another stolen motorhome, Swift Kontiki.

Tracker can't look for it until office opens at 9AM??
Have to remember to steal vehicles with trackers on a Friday Night I think! or wait for a Bank Holiday? nice long weekend to strip it down before that expensive service is engaged!

Tracker can't look for it until office opens at 9AM??
Have to remember to steal vehicles with trackers on a Friday Night I think! or wait for a Bank Holiday? nice long weekend to strip it down before that expensive service is engaged!

Not sure if it is true as my technical knowledge on electronics is not good, but someone has commented that you can now buy a blocker on eBay to stop the tracker sending a signal, I hope this is false, otherwise what is the point of investing in a tracker, you can better your last dollar that the thieves will arm themselves with one.

Not sure if it is true as my technical knowledge on electronics is not good, but someone has commented that you can now buy a blocker on eBay to stop the tracker sending a signal, I hope this is false, otherwise what is the point of investing in a tracker, you can better your last dollar that the thieves will arm themselves with one.
There are lots of rubbish spouted on the internet and in forums.
As far as Trackers are concerned, I am not convinced it is worth paying the kind of fees charged nowadays with GPS systems that are available to anyone to find a 'lost' vehicle at very low prices and no ongoing fees.
And often if a vehicle is stolen you would not want it back! I had a car stolen a few years ago and was never recovered. I was thinking of selling it anyway as it happens, but my insurance settlement was £5,000 more than I would have got selling it :D (that GAP insurance worked out to be the best policy I've ever bought!)

I read somewhere that it had been recovered a lady rung the police to say a MH had been parked outside her home and it seams it was that one.

I read somewhere that it had been recovered a lady rung the police to say a MH had been parked outside her home and it seams it was that one.

By the time that the police arrived it had gone again, with different plates.

Well I for one are wishing some very very nasty things for the scum that pinched your MH. One thing though, it's dead easy to fit the simplest of 12v fuel shut off valves and a secret switch which would scupper all but those scum that 'lift and tow' your pride and joy away.... I hope it does come back in one piece...

Wonder if this van was ever recovered could do with an update and some good news ....I’ve got a a company coming out tomorrow to fit ghost immobiliser to my van there’s been a spate of Ducato vans going walkies lately the scum must have a new way of taking them seen a video from opening door to driving of in less than 5 minutes.

first thought looks like steve radford’s van wowzer

Last edited:
I read somewhere that thieves often use these blockers and then quickly dump the vehicle somewhere obscure. They then wait to see if it is tracked and retrieved, if not it is moved on.

Looks like they can now bypass the immobilizer of Fiat Ducato type vehicles, I had a sigma 2/1 alarm fitted so not sure if that includes an additional immobilizer that would need bypassing or not. Going to after look at spending more money to stop the scum stealing our motorhome.

There should be a law or some sort of censorship to stop information like that being posted on public media. Just makes it easier for the sum to learn how to steal your hard earned property. Why don't the powers that be put a stop to this shot? The world's gone bad & nobody has any moral fibre any more, only interested in how easy they can make their own life & they don't care at whose expense.

There should be a law or some sort of censorship to stop information like that being posted on public media. Just makes it easier for the sum to learn how to steal your hard earned property. Why don't the powers that be put a stop to this shot? The world's gone bad & nobody has any moral fibre any more, only interested in how easy they can make their own life & they don't care at whose expense.
I understand what you are saying but letting people know that their vehicle can be easily stolen so they can take precautions is probably more effective than sweeping it under the carpet. If someone (and generally speaking it is a very significant minority, rather than everyone in the whole world as you seem to think) wants to find out how to nick something, there are I would imagine plenty of resources other than Facebook and Youtube.

(in fact, the internet is handy for proving the less intelligent scrotes were up to no good as they they search for things like "how do I steal a motorhome" on google. For example https://www.bbc.com/news/newsbeat-48695173 ... "Police found through searching his internet history that he had looked at videos which showed how to use a 3D printer to make guns that could fire ammunition")

An easy suggest to make it more difficult to steal is if you have a swivel seat, to turn it around so that it is facing the habitation area, drill a hole in the bases and fit a secure padlock to stop it being swiveled back to the driving position, I'm going to ring my auto-electrician I use and see if he can wire a secondary device to stop someone being able to start it.

I was told not to put any stickers in van windows advertising what type of alarm tracker or any security as it just lets the barstewards know what there up against and what to come armed with if they try to nick it.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back