Anyone ‘done’ the Canaries?

Here’s a photograph I took last year in las americas on Tenerife we usually go in October every year and there’s always vans parked there some look like they’ve been there a while though this guy had a cool set up. Sorry meant to say not with the van though I priced it and it wasn’t that bad from Barcelona View attachment 52065
wully i was there in oct water ski-ing not bad, you must move now and then, but dont bother much, there are loads of m-homes all over. ok.pj

Hi Katherine (I hope that's the correct spelling!). You won't have any problems whatsoever finding things to do on the Canary Islands for 6 months or much, much longer. Loads of walking, plenty of archeology, amazing flora and fauna, plenty of more modern culture of all sorts and a landscape to delight. The islands differ one from another enormously in ...

Thanks for this Colin. Really appreciate it. I was a little worried it would be little more than beaches and resorts. I’ve been checking the weather and it’s even warmer than Crete and it’s not been bad here! I’ll pick up the guide book I’ve ordered early March when I pop home for Mum’s 80th. So far I’ve identified the crossing from Spain is c.£1400 return. I’ll check out the inter island ferries at some point ... trying to sort a boat from Athens, to Kos and onto Bodrum is the priority at the moment! If we can mostly wild camp, which it seems, we can, the ferry costs can just about cover a long stay. We do particularly like islands, having visited, Sicily, Crete, Corsica and Sardinia all recently. Beaches, mountains and rivers/gorges all in a relatively small area.
I will pick you brains if we decide to go ahead ... back to the UK August-ish, if our plans all work out. And I’ll bring a pudding (and napkins!!!).
Katherine (correct spelling, 🌟 given how many variations there are).

No never looked at island hopping as we're both content with what Lanzarote as to offer at the moment. But I would be very intressed if you could keep me posted on anything you might uncover. Lanzarote as many coastal walking routes and if you have a look on the lanzaroteinfo Website it as some great information pages. As I said in my last post we are renting a camper over the new year so I will take some photos of the various parking venues and you can take a look ,as I find it better myself to view a site than read a text about it. All the best for now and Merry Christmas and New Year. 😎
Definitely shared info ... we’re considering winter 2020, so we’ve lots of time to investigate and plan. And to you; have a fabulous trip.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back