Anyone using CoPilot Caravan?

RichD1

Anyone using CoPilot Caravan?

I've just used the 7 day free trial of the standard car CoPilot sat nav app. which I found quite good.

Was wondering how the Caravan version compared. I'm lead to believe that the software is not the same being many versions behind the current Car version.

Would like to hear from any Caravan users.

Richard

I have the Caravan version, its the old interface but the maps are current. Works well as far as it hasnt sent me down a road that the motorhome wont fit.
The only real difference is the width and height option otherwise it works the same and to be honest I prefer the old interface, find it easier to work with.

Pete

Hi Pete,

On the Car version you can set route preferences such as high priority to motorway, dual carriage ways, main roads and low priority to secondary roads. Is this feature available on Caravan?

Have you loaded your own POI's?

Richard

Our sat nav of choice. Can set road and speed options. I believe you can download POIs, but we’ve not. Compared to the price of a sat nav, a bargain ... you just need a phone or tablet with GPS.
I also use maps.me to identify car parks etc and get the coordinates from to enter into copilot.

I used to use the standard Copilot version for years and was very pleased with it.I never bothered with the caravan version as I don't think it's necessary with a 7m motorhome.My general rule is that if white van man can get through then so can I.If it tried to take me down a narrow goat track then I would simply keep going until it re routed which it did quickly.
Copilot had a major update this year which completely changed the UI and I couldn't get on with it so I have changed to tomtom mobile which is excellent,particularly the live traffic information and re routing around any major delays.It's saved me sitting in traffic on several occasions now.
I also use maps.me to get the coordinates for any poi.They are easy to download to the app and also appear as a single string so it's easy to copy and paste into tomtom.

I used to use the standard Copilot version for years and was very pleased with it.I never bothered with the caravan version as I don't think it's necessary with a 7m motorhome.My general rule is that if white van man can get through then so can I.If it tried to take me down a narrow goat track then I would simply keep going until it re routed which it did quickly.

it's usually not the length that causes problems but width and height - as I found out when using the Car version and clattered a low height barrier - only by 4cm but I was doing some speed at the time as it was off a dual carriageway slip road in France and I damaged a sunlight. I now have the Caravan version and since using it haven't had any issues - I still have the car version as you can't "upgrade" so need to buy a new copy of the relevant CP app. I actually prefer the new interface of the car version, but as the caravan one uses the older interface which I was previously familiar with, it's no big deal to swap between the 2 when I need.

So can you confirm whether you can set the priorities on the route preference screen on the Caravan version? I did see some screenshots about a year ago and the route preference part appeared quite basic compared to the Car version.

wakk44 why couldn't you get on with the new UI?

Richard

RichD1;n14808 said:
Hi Pete,

On the Car version you can set route preferences such as high priority to motorway, dual carriage ways, main roads and low priority to secondary roads. Is this feature available on Caravan?

Have you loaded your own POI's?

Richard

Yep you can set your preferences and no I have never loaded POIs as I have found that CoPiot seems to have most campsites already loaded apart from aires.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back