Anyone with an Ablemail AMT 12-2 trickle charger?

rambrose

Hi all. Just fitted the Ablemail battery maintain.
Was having trouble changing the program until I found the Wildebus.com site. The included instructions missed the "save" step!!!

I have confirmed the vehicle battery is getting a charge when the led goes green.

Every now and again, I get this led. Can't view it straight on but it's red with a bit of green.
Is it the Amber stage? Doesn't look very amber to my dodgy eyes.
Vehicle battery is measuring 12.6v at the charger terminals and the leisure 13.3v

Instructions say amber indicates leisure battery is ready to charge.
Red - vehicle battery < 11.5v

20231104_155933.jpg

Hi all. Just fitted the Ablemail battery maintain.
Was having trouble changing the program until I found the Wildebus.com site. The included instructions missed the "save" step!!!

I have confirmed the vehicle battery is getting a charge when the led goes green.

Every now and again, I get this led. Can't view it straight on but it's red with a bit of green.
Is it the Amber stage? Doesn't look very amber to my dodgy eyes.
Vehicle battery is measuring 12.6v at the charger terminals and the leisure 13.3v

Instructions say amber indicates leisure battery is ready to charge.
Red - vehicle battery < 11.5v
A steady Red usually means the Starter Battery is not actually connected to the AMT. Don't think you have that situation, but just throwing in that bit of info ;)

The tri-colour LEDs can be a bit of a problem in telling which colour is actually on :)

The AMT12 will be programmed something along on the lines of being off for 15 seconds, and then on for 6 seconds - that kind of sequence. What actually happens is that every 15 seconds in that case, the unit will check the voltage of the Starter Battery and the voltage of the Leisure Battery.
If the Leisure Battery (LB) is BELOW its programmed threshold value, the unit will not go any futher; If it is above the LB threshold, the next step is checking the Starter Battery (SB) voltage. If that is BELOW the SB threshold, the AMT will pulse a current for the set time e.g. 6 seconds and the LED goes Green during that time; If it is ABOVE the SB threshold, the LED goes Red as no current is pulsed.

What I think you are seeing is the light flashing red which means no current is getting sent and this will be because your Starter Battery is above the voltage threshold.
So I would say you have no problem and the unit is working as it should.

David fitted an AMT12 for me in early Jan 2022, and I have it set for almost continuous current transfer from the [Lithium] Leisure Battery ['LB'] to the Vehicle Battery 'VB@] , especially useful in Eastern Scotland at this time of year. The charge transfer to the VB runs for 9 seconds in every 10 seconds , just enough time for me to be able to see the LED extinguish. I also have 2 x ABB07 to give the VB and LB SOC readings to my phone via Bluetooth. The M/Home has been parked since mid- September and the VB was down to 12.85v yesterday morning. Now sitting at around 13.5v and the LB went to Float at 14.09v just before the light began to fade around 3pm today

M/Home booked in for MOT on Monday morning and the garage is only 1 mile away. There will be at least a couple of engine starts during the day for very short periods [and I doubt that the Technicians will follow the advised 'do not start the engine until the warning lights have extinguished' routine, so I hope that a fully charged VB will avoid an ECU Airbag problem ...

Steve

David fitted an AMT12 for me in early Jan 2022, and I have it set for almost continuous current transfer from the [Lithium] Leisure Battery ['LB'] to the Vehicle Battery 'VB@] , especially useful in Eastern Scotland at this time of year. The charge transfer to the VB runs for 9 seconds in every 10 seconds , just enough time for me to be able to see the LED extinguish. I also have 2 x ABB07 to give the VB and LB SOC readings to my phone via Bluetooth. The M/Home has been parked since mid- September and the VB was down to 12.85v yesterday morning. Now sitting at around 13.5v and the LB went to Float at 14.09v just before the light began to fade around 3pm today
To complete my first reply to include this scenario, when set to override (putting 12V on SW1 (I think SW1?)), the voltage threshold checks are ignored and the AMT will just run for 9 seconds in 10. I can't recall if the LED colour 'obeys' the pattern or not, but on the override option, the Starter Battery voltage will go much higher than the programmed value by design :)

M/Home booked in for MOT on Monday morning and the garage is only 1 mile away. There will be at least a couple of engine starts during the day for very short periods [and I doubt that the Technicians will follow the advised 'do not start the engine until the warning lights have extinguished' routine, so I hope that a fully charged VB will avoid an ECU Airbag problem ...

Steve
I would hope they would know? good practice to wait but they will be on a tight time schedule no doubt so a good idea. My MOT is due in the next month so might do the same thing and set the AMT override on (y)

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back