Anything you would change?

Rec

We have had our pvc for a year now and we're discussing if there was anything we would change. We decided on the layout after having two previous vans and really thought long and hard. However if we did it again we would not have a double swivel seat, just single. At the time of design, we didn't have our sons dog permanently, so she was factored in as an occasional not full time. We thought five seats with straps was pretty important, but in practice have not taken our son and his family away in the van since we gave them our old one so we go in convoy! There are always tweaks which you want to do, but maybe our experience may make someone else think!

I should have searched for a higher diff ratio ,i moved from 8/41 to 11/43 , a 11/41 or 12/43 would have lost another 1000rpm.

We could do without the second double bed, the two person shower, motorcycle garage, double full size vanity mirrors, two TVs and two air conditioning units, only joking we love the luxury and having five sit down for full Christmas lunch at Moffat was amazing 👍🤣

We decided we would prefer rear benches that could be used as single beds as well as a transverse double and I always wanted 16 inch wheels instead of 15 inch on our 2004 high mileage Ducato 5.6M IH PVC so we changed to 2010 low mileage Ducato 6.3M IH PVC which gave me both and more besides.
Well chuffed
Motto : change the van or change the van!
K ;)

I should have searched for a higher diff ratio ,i moved from 8/41 to 11/43 , a 11/41 or 12/43 would have lost another 1000rpm.

I considered swapping the diff in the transit.... But No1
It's a pig to do on a Salisbury axle
No2
Without remapping the 90 version of the lump it'd be a fairly painful drive.... (though it's not a biggy to go up to the 120 ps)

You beat me to it. 😁

We spent about three years of indecision and reviewing various options before we settled on our latest van. Can't think of anything that annoys either of us.

Reactions: 2cv
We are now on our third van which is just perfect for us now, when or if the time comes to change it will be for the same layout,

Reactions: 2cv
I was going to say the whole damned van however ................................

I`ve spent that many years repairing and getting things right in it i`m now not so sure but if Mr Camelot intervened it would be gone like a shot.

Note to self

Why o why o why you numb nut did you trade in the last one ( an Adria ) which was brilliant for this bloody one :mad:

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back