Avon tyres - beware

Interesting, I fitted Avon on the back as I wanted a higher load rating 120/121 .
The only tyres I have had fail, blow out were Conti CAMPER tyres, correctly inflated and 4 years oldcontityre.gif

Interesting, I fitted Avon on the back as I wanted a higher load rating 120/121 .
The only tyres I have had fail, blow out were Conti CAMPER tyres, correctly inflated and 4 years old
My Bridgestone's still going well ;)

I blew one a few weeks back,what a bang,lucky i have double rears,it was the inside one,but gave the kids a fright.

Put four of these Avon AV12 tyres on a few months ago for the load rating after a really old Michelin went pop. They are a lot quieter and the grip is good. Add to that the load rating of 116 and I would think they will survive for a few years. The cynic in me wonders if Cooper Tyres, which owns the Avon brand, sell ''Camper'' tyres under another brand they own?

Cheers

H

I used to run Avon Vintage car tyres on the rear of my XS1100 outfit with tyre bolts to hold them from spinning. Run them a good few years before I had one shed itself at 120 odd mph on the way back from France fairly overloaded. The abuse they took was epic and they went far above the speed rating (think it was below 70mph) consistently.

Nothing to do with caravans but just to highlight tyres can be capable of a lot more than they are rated for

//........... The cynic in me wonders if Cooper Tyres, which owns the Avon brand, sell ''Camper'' tyres under another brand they own?
Cheers
H
The cynic in me thinks they don't want any litigation for failures.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back