Bad smell!

• Thread starter Deleted member 2803
  • Start date
Hi
I had it, it was the Grey water, I had forgotten to empty it and 3 weeks later phew! I fully drain, use Thetford Grey water treatment and keep the plugs in now.

Just a thought...
Its not a gas leak you can smell is it???
K 😨

Many thanks to all who responded to my bad smell!!😷😂 So great to be part of a caring/sharing community😃 We got so many great tips from everyone.
We were guilty of not emptying our grey water as soon as we got back from last trip. Have now
Treated tank, rinsed it through and smell has gone. Now we're ready for our two planned short trips before Christmas. 🎄

Interesting how many have had the smell from the Leisure battery. I had it in the past as well and the Battery was less than 1 year old and a high-quality gel battery. The company refused to replace it under warranty saying that it was the charger that damaged it. The original battery had been in use for 6 years and no problem only replaced as I thought the capacity may be reducing. After a lot of arguing they eventually offered a 20% discount on a new battery. The replacement for this faulty battery was still fine after 2 years when I P/X the van, so it wasn't the charger.
It could be nasty if these batteries explode as it did for a friend of mine recently (Luckily he wasn't in the van but it made a nasty mess). You can tell if there is a problem with the battery as it will be getting warm perhaps someone should sell an alarm that monitors the battery temperature.

Jon

Help/ideas anyone?
An unpleasant "bad eggs" smell has developed in our van bathroom. It's definitely not the toilet and the P drains have water in them.
Suggestions please!
Anjo
[/QUOTE
same for us, leisure battery on the way out caused this smell for a long time before we sussed it!

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back