Banner 95601 vent tube

jason9876

Hi how do I attach the vent tube to my battery, banner 95601. It has what looks like a hole for it but I now on closer inspection don't think it is?

Is it possible that you have the wrong vent pipe.

This URL explains what they describe as the fitting of the correct pipe:

Perhaps they stick a bung in the vent hole to stop accidental leakage when there is no vent pipe attached.

Batteries are usually despatched with a bung in the vent hole.
Is there a filled hole on one end?

Last edited:
There is potentially something that looks like a bung. Its plastic and looks like it may come out with a screw driver. Didn't want to try incase it leaked acid all over me. I could take a picture later.

Looking at photos on sales websites it is a slotted bung.
Any battery designed with a vent should be used with it to avoid pressure build up.
The acid will be well below the vent - so just ease it out and put the breather in.

Ok that is what I was thinking, it is definitely a slotted bit that I suppose just screws out so will give it a try and report back
Thanks

If you had purchased your battery from Tayna, you would have received a note explaining what and how to do with regard to the vent tube.
Roughly central across the width at both ends at the top of the battery you will find a plastic plug, from Banners I've bought they are normally red.
Decide which end is convenient for you to use in your application and simply pull / prise out the plug and push in its place the vent tube fitting.

It is not a threaded fitting, simply push fit.

See plug here

Yeah that's what it looks like, I will take it out.
I got the batteries from alpha but there was nothing about fitting the tubed.
Thanks alk for your help

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back