Battery charger question

Sonar

The question is easy if you know. But I don’t hence the question.

If a cable goes from the front of the habitation are to the back of the habitation area to a battery .

Is it still ok the have the battery charger connected to the wire at the front of the habitation area

Same with the solar panel wires.

Or do the solar and battery charger have to be connected direct to the battery’s .

I had to ask this as at the moment the batteries are at the front and I will move them to the back as they will be bigger and will not fit under the seats.
I just intended to add battery cables to extend them brim the existing battery location to the now location.

Yes, you can do what you like but be aware of voltage drop on thinner cable, generally, you would drop the solar cable down through the wardrobe and then to the LBs.

If this is a new fit, always connect the LBs to the MPPT controller first so it can read the battery/s then connect the panel, some cover the panel to stop it from producing power but so long as the cables don't touch each other or a metal surface you're okay.

I managed to get two 110ah LBs under the drivers seat, you just need to move the wad of cables out of the way so they sit on the floor.

1711787454596.jpeg
1711787517011.jpeg
1711787470895.jpeg

I fitted the solar a few years ago it is a MPPT controller.

Many thanks

Yes, you can do what you like but be aware of voltage drop on thinner cable, generally, you would drop the solar cable down through the wardrobe and then to the LBs.

If this is a new fit, always connect the LBs to the MPPT controller first so it can read the battery/s then connect the panel, some cover the panel to stop it from producing power but so long as the cables don't touch each other or a metal surface you're okay.

I managed to get two 110ah LBs under the drivers seat, you just need to move the wad of cables out of the way so they sit on the floor.

View attachment 72026
View attachment 72028
View attachment 72027
Same with mine(Boxer) 2 x 110ah under drivers seat,b2b mppt,inverter ,main fuses, battery isolator under single ( non swivel) passenger seat (just behind starter battery)
helps keep heavy cable runs short.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back