Belgium, Luxembourg or Germany?

Sharon the Cat

Can anyone advise the best country to try and get a new pet passport for our dog Harry?
I know that France is now very difficult to find a vet who will issue a passport, but we will probably be travelling through the above in addition to France this summer. I know that Belgium is a good option but haven't heard anything about Luxembourg or Germany.

Germany you need an address officially although we know of one vet in the Black Forest area who will register you at the practice address ! The best place we know is Brugge

Germany you need an address officially although we know of one vet in the Black Forest area who will register you at the practice address ! The best place we know is Brugge
Hi Andy, I wasn't sure about the German regulations. Bruges certainly seems to be the place. I have heard that one of the most popular vets there, had stopped doing them because it was taking up most of her time.

When we are home at Easter I can look up the address of the vet in Germany where Jessie was registered if this will help!
You could give me a nudge to remind me 😉
Thanks Andy. I haven't made any plans at all yet for the Bavaria trip, so things are still fluid.

Hi @Sharon the Cat , how are you all?

Have you thought of popping over to Ireland?
Hi Jo, we're fine thank you. I hope you're both well, and Timber is still 100%.
To be honest, we just can't fit it in, and as we are off to Bavaria anyway.😃😃😃
I'll send you a PM soon with some news (not a new van though).

Oooh yes - I hope it's good news. We just booked a ferry today to Santander. Need some winter sun!

Hi I got a passport for my dog in Perl Germany £60 includes a new 3 year rabies jab . They used my uk address. This was 2 years ago. If you want the vets name I can get it for you after work

Hi I got a passport for my dog in Perl Germany £60 includes a new 3 year rabies jab . They used my uk address. This was 2 years ago. If you want the vets name I can get it for you after work
Thank you, what part of Germany was it? We will be in Bavaria. I'm collecting different options, in case we don't have much luck..

I got Molly’s last year in Bruges, very quick and easy and also very cheap €80 for everything. However she is/was swamped with UK people and that was taking attention away from her usual clients and so she didn’t want extra publicity. France is a pita and very unhelpful, but I don’t know about elsewhere.

I got Molly’s last year in Bruges, very quick and easy and also very cheap €80 for everything. However she is/was swamped with UK people and that was taking attention away from her usual clients and so she didn’t want extra publicity. France is a pita and very unhelpful, but I don’t know about elsewhere.
Yes, I know of the vet you mention. I think her name is already all over FB.

Yes, I know of the vet you mention. I think her name is already all over FB.
Sadly it probably is, but she asked me not to mention her name or other details as she was getting swamped. (I also wondered, but didn’t ask, if she was doing it a bit under the radar, as she also would only accept cash) . Lovely lady as well.

Can anyone advise the best country to try and get a new pet passport for our dog Harry?
I know that France is now very difficult to find a vet who will issue a passport, but we will probably be travelling through the above in addition to France this summer. I know that Belgium is a good option but haven't heard anything about Luxembourg or Germany.
The best place is Bruge in Belgium. DR. LIEVE DE RYCKE, DIERENARTS, KLEINE HUISDIEREN, BARRIERESTRAAT 10, BRUGGE. TEL 050/39.26.79.
15 Euro's plus jabs. Email her first to make appointment. lovely Lady
You will need a AHC to get there, best place Abbeywell vets, Sandgate Road Folkestone. £99.00

The best place is Bruge in Belgium. DR. LIEVE DE RYCKE, DIERENARTS, KLEINE HUISDIEREN, BARRIERESTRAAT 10, BRUGGE. TEL 050/39.26.79.
15 Euro's plus jabs. Email her first to make appointment. lovely Lady
You will need a AHC to get there, best place Abbeywell vets, Sandgate Road Folkestone. £99.00
Thank you, I know of the lady in Bruges, but I believe she is cutting down as she was spending too much time doing PPs for Brits.
I am wondering if other Belgian vets are as accommodating.

We are lucky in that we can get one of the web AHC providers to meet us in Monmouth, same cost as Abbey Vets.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back