Betwixt and Between as Trip End Approaches

marchie

Glorious sunshine at present, and Solar putting out 125W just now, so no need to return to Roquetes for EHU. Unfortunately, we have very strong winds, around 30mph, with gusts of up to 50mph, and, even parked up, the Van is being buffeted quite badly

We are also in the Ebro Delta area, where the rice and vegetable crops are being resown in large, newly ploughed fields. The wind is blowing large plumes of gritty dust over everything, so cycling and walking are not really on at the moment!

If we make a break for it, and begin to head north, there is a lot of rain forecast ...

Steve

Hope you've enjoyed it nonetheless (y)
We've had a lovely, low key break. A couple of PITA events (I overfilled the engine oil in a moment of ultra dim senility, then an even dimmer French lorry driver brushed the awning with his wing mirror the next day in the Ferry queue, leaving a black line along its length, but no dent or other damage), but we have cycled most days, doing around 250km in short'ish hops (cross winds, hilly towns and 18 inch bike wheels are not a great combination ...). We've been able to cycle through orange and lemon groves to small villages and Hamlets in the middle of nowhere in a very leisurely fashion. Very relaxing and pleasant, with very little action to spoil the double dose manyana. It's a way of life we could get used to!

Steve and Elaine

Pity about the Ebro Delta , Steve. It's still fairly remote and well worth an explore.
We went over the tops,on the side road, corkscrewing down, with on OOOOH! and Ahhh! at every corner..

Pity about the Ebro Delta , Steve. It's still fairly remote and well worth an explore.
We went over the tops,on the side road, corkscrewing down, with on OOOOH! and Ahhh! at every corner..
We met a Brit around Roquetes who had moved back from one of the Delta Aires, or, as he put it, 'Mozzie Central', where he claimed to have been bitten badly by Tiger Mosquitos. I am on Blood Thinners and do present a 'meat sarnie' to insects; Elaine has never driven the Van and she would kill me if I became too ill to drive, so we'll save the visit until next time, ideally away from the Mozzie Season ...

Steve

We met a Brit around Roquetes who had moved back from one of the Delta Aires, or, as he put it, 'Mozzie Central', where he claimed to have been bitten badly by Tiger Mosquitos. I am on Blood Thinners and do present a 'meat sarnie' to insects; Elaine has never driven the Van and she would kill me if I became too ill to drive, so we'll save the visit until next time, ideally away from the Mozzie Season ...

Steve
Didn't realise blood thinners encouraged the little baaasturds . I was very popular with them before going on the medication

Steve, we are on our way back also we are currently at Graveline France, the sun is out but the wind is bitter, on the other hand it is helping us climatise for our return, Roxy is going to the vets tomorrow, then Saturday night off to the tunnel, then the slow journey to Hereford for next week rally. Glad you have enjoyed yourselves and safe journey back to blighty 👍

Didn't realise blood thinners encouraged the little baaasturds . I was very popular with them before going on the medication
Don't know about encouraging the Mozzies, but, if blood is drawn, it's a challenge to stop the bleeding, and a lot of insect bites have an anti-coagulant component to make matters worse, so I'll err on the side of caution for the present.

Steve

Steve, we are on our way back also we are currently at Graveline France, the sun is out but the wind is bitter, on the other hand it is helping us climatise for our return, Roxy is going to the vets tomorrow, then Saturday night off to the tunnel, then the slow journey to Hereford for next week rally. Glad you have enjoyed yourselves and safe journey back to blighty 👍
It's been a lovely trip, had some insane conversations with Spanish people, including one where 'lost in translation' doesn't begin to cover it (but very funny). I was pleasantly surprised, Jeff, that instead of my usual sweary rant when things go awry, I was able to come up with a temporary fix for the oil overfill, the awning mark, and the kitchen tap, until we could get proper repairs and replacements sorted out. Lower blood pressure is quite beneficial! (y)

The only downside is the return to reality, including the Bank and Cretin Card statements, but 'tis only money

Steve

Glorious sunshine at present, and Solar putting out 125W just now, so no need to return to Roquetes for EHU. Unfortunately, we have very strong winds, around 30mph, with gusts of up to 50mph, and, even parked up, the Van is being buffeted quite badly

We are also in the Ebro Delta area, where the rice and vegetable crops are being resown in large, newly ploughed fields. The wind is blowing large plumes of gritty dust over everything, so cycling and walking are not really on at the moment!

If we make a break for it, and begin to head north, there is a lot of rain forecast ...

Steve
Don't think you are too far from Falset . Nice sleepy little town . Decent wine , Priorat region [was new to me]
Aire is steoll from town , 4 euros .
1 EHU point . Was there last year and a very nice , quite elderly couple hogged the power . Honestly don't think they thought they were doing wrong

Early 'ish start from L'Aldea, and Ms. Garmin took me the scenic route via the north face of the Eiger where the mountain goats were on Picket Duty, to reach the main road to Zaragoza. Scenery was stunning, but the climbs were twisting bends and unrelenting, resulting in slow progress. I think the route that Ms Garmin chose took 17cm off the main road distance and 4000km off the brake pads and tyres :ROFLMAO:

We're on the free large Aire at Campus de Rio, Zaragoza for 2 nights, and then on to Miranda del Ebro for the final 2 nights. We sail on 30 April from Bilbao, so will probably spend the night of the 29th in the Port to avoid the apparent quiet, easy journeys that are 'only x minutes from the Port ...' like the 'Super U hypermarche 5 minutes' that omit 'by F1 race car or jumbo jet'

Steve

Reads like you drove through the national park we have just come from Steve, to say the roads are challenging is an understatement!

Reads like you drove through the national park we have just come from Steve, to say the roads are challenging is an understatement!
We were directed to Gandesa then Caspe on the C12 and C230, only joining the AP2 when we could spit (figuratively) into the Aire ...

Steve

Bit like the Highlands then huh Terry lol. Well, not challenging as rarely meet other traffic :)

You mean the spots the tourists park in lol
We were in the Highlands last week and the very first single track bit of road we went on, met a French van coming the other way.
Yes, he indicated and crossed over to the passing place on our side of the road to let us pass.🙄
Phill was driving and Froggy probably thought I was French too, what with all the arm waving to show him the error of his ways.

Back