Beware of Western Isles Ferries

Joking apart, you have to feel for the residents and businesses on South Uist. And of course those who wish to visit with their camper not able to get there.

Reactions: 2cv
Its not just M/Hs that are being turned away. Tour buses have been refused on the Mull ferry. Duart Castle has lost thousands of pre booked tours. Its causing huge disruption to life and tourism on the Western Isles.

Its not just M/Hs that are being turned away. Tour buses have been refused on the Mull ferry. Duart Castle has lost thousands of pre booked tours. Its causing huge disruption to life and tourism on the Western Isles.
Meg, if Duart is feeling it, so too will Iona and Tobermory, both the latter two rely on coach tourists.

Meg, if Duart is feeling it, so too will Iona and Tobermory, both the latter two rely on coach tourists.
All of the islands are suffering. My relatives have been struggling to get on and off Lewis since Covid. It got really difficult this year..

All of the islands are suffering. My relatives have been struggling to get on and off Lewis since Covid. It got really difficult this year..
Unfortunately this is the outcome when our country is ran by individuals of two certain colours, who do not give a toss about the folks they are supposed to represent. We are all feeling the impact of poor management.

And the glib statement that there is an alternative route from the sound of Barra overlooks the fact it is one sailing a day at 7.00am so you need to check in by 6.15am having first crossed from Eriskay to Barra!!!
That sounds like an overnight stay on Barra to me...
Unbelievable.
We got back just in time I think.
K ;)

What a shame, we ’did’ all of the Western isles a few years ago so this won’t affect us - no need to return. But I’m pleased we had no such issues when we went to Orkney a couple of weeks ago.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back