Beware TV DETECTOR VAN

The BBC were handed the social care cost of free TV licences a couple of years ago and unfortunately they are going to drop it.
Some of course will say that they are doing that to pay more fat cat salaries but a quick look at the sum of the licence fee revenue and the fee licences (which would continue to rise as the population ages) don't add up.
In the past technically the BBC was funded by the government which separately collected money from all those watching any live TV - the argument was (a bit thin of course) that the licence fee was not to fund the BBC.
Handing the decision about funding free licences to the BBC does rather break that disconnect .
Still one might expect it from a government that doesn't like to be held to account.
Expect even more of the same from a prime minister who refused to be interviewed by BBC on national prime preferring to offer repetitive sound bites to local reporters.

just had a thought reading this ... could be fun if you have a MiFi Router (or active Phone hotspot running) to name it "TV Dectector Van" or maybe "Road Tax Dodger Detector" or various things and watch how people react as you are parked up :D
I was in San Francisco and saw a network called “I can hear you F#%king” I assume the network owner either had a sense of humour or a screamer for a neighbour.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back