Bike Rack ?????

Burge

I am in two minds what to do at the mo with the as mentioned......having had the Hab Check done last week the Tech found Higher than normal readings around the Inner Mount's for the Rack in the Bathroom. As the Eldiss Body Warranty has 6 yrs left to run our Dealership (Spinney/ Cheshire) have passed the repair which means removing the Rear Inner Bathroom Wall & Sink ect & fitting new (glad we did the Hab Check before our 12 mth Warranty ran out in April when we purchased the Van last yr ).
My problem is do I have the Bike Rack refitted (never used it since owning the van) or do I leave it off, obviously someone had it fitted at some time & used it for bikes , could this be the reason for the Damp having had the extra weight hanging on the rear.If I leave it off there's a 2 Bike Rack up for sale if anyone wants one, thanks Chris.

It sounds as though the rack was poorly fitted from the outset. The weight of the bikes shouldn't have caused a leak unless the rack mounting had some minor movement causing the silicon to fail, unless of course, the silicon wasn't properly applied. If you don't need the rack, personally I would leave it off, but I would be chatting to Spinney on how they intend to plug the holes and finish the exterior.

Do away with the rack and in the future if required get a tow bar fitted so you can mount cycles on it and gives you peace of mind
My suggestion only

Thanks for your reply, I think though not sure that our Van Eldiss Vogue 105 comes from Eldiss with the 2 Grey Bike Rack Mount's fitted as Standard for you to fit a Bike Rack if you wish .

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back