Blank section of screen?

Rec

Android tablet (Asus zenpad) has suddenly started getting a blank white section of the screen. Touchscreen function works just can't see what I am doing! It goes back to full screen at times and I cannot fathom out why. Have done full factory reset with no joy. Any ideas? I took a screenshot to show problem, but the blank section does not show, it's really odd.

Android tablet (Asus zenpad) has suddenly started getting a blank white section of the screen. Touchscreen function works just can't see what I am doing! It goes back to full screen at times and I cannot fathom out why. Have done full factory reset with no joy. Any ideas? I took a screenshot to show problem, but the blank section does not show, it's really odd.
dunno, but take a photo of the screen with your phone and post that?

My sons phablet did this and im told the memeory chip has lost a bit of the software and cannot be fixed cheap so just dump and buy a new one,thats what we did.
A new 10 inch pad with 8 gig of mem and 128gb hard drive cost under £40 now and we have one which is fast and very good.new tab.png

If the screenshot is complete but the screen isn't, that suggests a fault in the display hardware, not the driving electronics. You should be able to get a replacement screen fairly easily.

• Thank You
Reactions: Rec
The screen can be replaced, but it is a bit fiddly and possibly not worth it with the cheap tablets now available.

Thanks all. Sounds like my new year gift is a new tablet. It's annoying as it isn't all the time, sometimes it turns on and screen is fine..like this morning:sneaky:
@wildebus will do as you suggest just in case it shows a definitive answer!

The screen can be replaced, but it is a bit fiddly and possibly not worth it with the cheap tablets now available.

Judging by that video, it looks pretty easy to get to the screen connector flex. I'd at least try refitting that, in case that's the problem.

Its the soft ware nothing to do with the screen,dump and buy ebay china,we have just got the son one as above and boy is it fast and easy to work,downside is its full of google spyware as they all are,i cannot find a open sorce one as yet like you can get with m/phones which i can load a linux distro as a operating sys. :(

Its the soft ware nothing to do with the screen,dump and buy ebay china,we have just got the son one as above and boy is it fast and easy to work,downside is its full of google spyware as they all are,i cannot find a open sorce one as yet like you can get with m/phones which i can load a linux distro as a operating sys. :(
Android is mostly java on UNIX.

Watched the video! Way above my ability....eyes crossed looking at it. Looking for a new tablet fairly soon.

Update! Was starting to look for another tablet....but had found this blank screen was happening less. Tried to fiddle with volume, reset etc again and suddenly realised the screen blank disappeared when the cover was moved! It is a bobjgear silicone one which is supposed to help stop screen breakages if you drop the tablet.....for last week or so , I just twiddle with the side of the cover and the blank disappears! No idea why or what this does but saved me buying another tablet :sneaky:

Update! Was starting to look for another tablet....but had found this blank screen was happening less. Tried to fiddle with volume, reset etc again and suddenly realised the screen blank disappeared when the cover was moved! It is a bobjgear silicone one which is supposed to help stop screen breakages if you drop the tablet.....for last week or so , I just twiddle with the side of the cover and the blank disappears! No idea why or what this does but saved me buying another tablet :sneaky:
Quite few tablets have covers with a magnet in them, designed to put the tablet to sleep when you shut the cover.
Some of them are a bit too sensitive (or the magnet too strong), so the cover being folded behind the tablet is close enough to make it go to sleep.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back