Boating and Fishing

Robmac

Boating and Fishing

As per the title really.

My other 2 main hobbies go together quite well.

There are quite a few boaters and anglers within our community, Anybody with any pictures of their boats. Here's mine;

sapphire111.jpg

I've had about 16 different boats now Graham. (only on the river though rather than the sea).

Since my wife began to suffer from Menieres disease though, she is unable to go on boats as it affects the inner ear, so we got a Motorhome instead.

I missed it too much though, so now I have my little 20ft Hardy, which I can disappear to every now and again and chill out!

The other big advantage with it though, is the Marina. It costs me about £100 per month to moor the boat at a lovely Marina on the river Great Ouse. There is a pub/restaurant there, showers and toilets, I have a water point and EHU at my mooring, and I can park the motorhome right next to the boat, so even if Julie cannot go on the boat, we can still use the marina as a perfect weekend getaway.

Robmac;n674 said:
As per the title really.

My other 2 main hobbies go together quite well.

There are quite a few boaters and anglers within our community, Anybody with any pictures of their boats. Here's mine;

I haven't got a boat so no pictures but I am a keen angler so here's a picture of my new PB barbel caught last week from the river Trent.

Attachments

• photo97.jpg
    photo97.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 2
wakk44;n704 said:
I haven't got a boat so no pictures but I am a keen angler so here's a picture of my new PB barbel caught last week from the river Trent.

That's quite some Kipper Steve!

What weight is it?

My PB Barbel is 11lb 12oz from the Great Ouse.

Robmac;n708 said:
That's quite some Kipper Steve!

What weight is it?

My PB Barbel is 11lb 12oz from the Great Ouse.

It weighed 14lbs exactly Rob,I had 4 fish in that 5 hour session for a total weight of just over 42lbs including another double of 12lbs 5ozs.The Trent must be the best barbel river in the country at the moment,I've had over 200 this season including 25 doubles.There was one caught from Winthorpe in October of 18lbs 14ozs.I took a Yorkshire friend as a guest on our waters a couple of weeks ago whose PB was 6lbs from the River Wharfe-he had one just over 11lbs and was pretty chuffed.

Started for me about 5 years old. My mum took me on a pleasure boat ride on the river Trent in Nottingham.

I kept seeing small cabin cruisers with people seeming to be having a whale of a time, and was hooked ever since.

*****;n765 said:
Do you remember a Boating Company called Ladyline?

I can't say that I do Graham.

Unusual for me, because I am a bit of a geek when it comes to boats.

Julie always said if I saved all of the money I spent on boating magazines years ago, I could have a nice flybridge cruiser by now!

*****;n767 said:
During the late 60s and through the 70s Ladyline were the largest boat retailers in the Country and had over a dozen inland waterway marinas.
Such as Braunston, Hanbury at Droitwich, Market Drayton, Dodsons at Shardlow, Barbridge at Nantwitch and many more.
Main dealer for Norman, Shetland, Nauticus, Burland, Dawncraft anf more

I should have known.

I used to live not far from Shardlow and would wander round the marina window shopping at every opportunity.

I have also visited most of the other marinas at some point as well. I've also owned boats by Norman and Shetland amongst many others.

I only ever owned one Norman. A little Norman 20.

It was a great little boat, could take quite a large engine, although I only had a 15hp on mine.

Well laid up, and many were used on the sea (as you will know).

They don't make em like that any more.

*****;n803 said:
Sold hundreds of them! along with the Norman 18, 22,23,27 and 32.
From memory it would take a 85 hp, but I do know of a few with larger engines.
What Shetland did you own?

Again, only a small one. A family 4.

Still in production I believe by James Reimann. I think he also took over the Seamaster 27 mould. I had one of them as well as well as other Seamasters.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back