Body work help

silverweed

Returned to van after an hours walk to find the door ripped open and wardrobe turned out. The door has beet twisted off its hinges and the frame pulled off. Please I’m in North Herts and will be looked for a good repair shop. Can any one recommend a skilled repair man as I know from experience that there are some very poor offerings out there. I know I may have to travel but I want to know I am choosing some where good. It seems so sad and stressful that all this damage has been done for and old Avtex tv and a 6 year old computer which I doubt will net £100 on the black market

C4BC3763-5C1A-4243-8E26-31294C5F8299.jpegB7AFE9FE-BA20-4F4F-96BB-DFFB26B8B1EE.jpeg

I feel for you, mindless damage all for a few possessions.
You could try AW Marine 01268680606 they are based on Canvey Island, quite a few members have used them and found them very good.
I hope you get the van sorted quickly and then hopefully move on.

I feel for you, mindless damage all for a few possessions.
You could try AW Marine 01268680606 they are based on Canvey Island, quite a few members have used them and found them very good.
I hope you get the van sorted quickly and then hopefully move on.
Thank you will get in touch with them. The damage just seems out of proportion with what the acquired. To be honest still feeling very shocked. It is very difficult to remember every thing you have. The cold weather is not helping as at the moment we can’t leave the van unattended as it is impossible to secure

I just wish they’d smashed a window. It’s hard to believe the damage done when you see it close up

Door frame and skin,easy sorted so dont feel bad,bend it down and make it secure for now,look see if any cctv ,maybe lucky,hope all sorted soon.

Could be worth contacting members of hymer classic campers

Some member there mayknow of a 2nd hand door etc

Must be worth trying caravan breakers or ebay
eg

Last edited:
Feel for you, some horrible people about. I find it hard to understand why a vehicle costing as much as a motor home can be so easily damaged. Should be stronger doors really I reckon....

My utmost sympathy.for
1 The attack on you vehicle
2 The immediate problem with the door/security (see if insurance will pay for a secure storage area whilst waiting)
3 The full repair needed

Hope the parts can be sourced..I am sure a good bodyshop such as AW marine will do a great job.
I have not used them but looked at their website and I am impressed

Probably best to claim.

Ring Road Garage (Buckingham) deal with smashed lorries coaches etc
Maybe worth trying them. They did a simple job for me (Awning and fixings damaged) but I saw lots of severely damaged vehicles in their yard)

Comfort Insurance / Aviva "told me" to go there !

Hope you get it all sorted !

Swines!!!

The problem after the door repair is confidence in leaving your MH unattended in the future, no insurance claim can cover that. Best of luck to you.

P.S. Is that a cat sat in the window? If it is, thank the lucky stars it didn't escape.

No consolation, but the low life’s don’t know what they are going to find until they get inside.
Hope you get it all sorted soon.

Swines!!!

The problem after the door repair is confidence in leaving your MH unattended in the future, no insurance claim can cover that. Best of luck to you.

P.S. Is that a cat sat in the window? If it is, thank the lucky stars it didn't escape.
Yes confidence is going to be the worst part of it all. This is the second break-in but last time we were in it asleep so no damage and what they took was worthless so dumped outside. I’ve just been on to Brownhills and a replacement door will be about £2000 then the fitting so going through the insurance. No it’s not a cat, it’s one of the two dogs which we had taken for a walk when this happened but yes very very lucky they were not in the van at the time as I’m sure they too would have been taken

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back