Cadac or bbq

Sanhier

So I have a cadac other than bbq meats what else can I make?

I've got the little Safari Chef and it came with lots of different bits... griddle for meat, plain flat plate for all sorts like pizza, drop scones, pancakes, bacon, fried eggs, etc, plus a dome lid to turn it into an 'oven'. The dome can be used upside down as a deep pan/wok for paella, stir fry, anything you like. Plus I think you can buy extra layers like a mini pizza stone and a proper roasting pan.
I'm not pretending I use it for all that but the potential's there :cool:

I like oily fish,kipper,mackeral and also salmon,using the cadac keeps the fishy smells outside the camper.

We always roast a lot of veggies on ours. Aubergine, onions, peppers, courgettes are faves.
Have done a stir fry Cadac too
Oh and sliced halloumi ?

We have discarded most of the bits of our CADAC and cook everything in the non stick paella pan, which works really well as a flat hotplate too :)

We always roast a lot of veggies on ours. Aubergine, onions, peppers, courgettes are faves.
Have done a stir fry Cadac too
Oh and sliced halloumi ?
Agreed..
We tend to use the griddle plate flat-side up suitably oiled (and the plate) and do 2 rounds of veg maybe garlic bread then the meat.
For the meat thin cuts or chipolata style sausauges burgers or homemade "Asian pork cakes"

I have hardly cooked a meal inside my van this year on the cooker I have various plates for the cadac safari chef 2 and use it to cook tea and breakfast and also pizza I bought the small paella pan and it is ace and the wife says so easy to clean I have also made a set of extending legs so it is at waist height

Attachments

• 20190616_095108.jpg
    20190616_095108.jpg
    151.2 KB · Views: 60
I love my safari chef but the griddle is a ***** to clean:rolleyes:
I agree. I love eating food from BBQs but truly hate cleaning them, so tend to 'accidentally' leave my little Cadac at home more often than not. I've just bought a second-hand outdoor gas stovetop with grill, so that'll encourage me outside in my pinny again - I hope.

I bought a cadac last year and I absolutely hate it I only bought it coz everyone was bumming them up but in my opinion they more or less cook the food by frying it not barbecuing for flavour or texture. The least the wee bit of wind and the temperature drops put a decent size bit of meat on and the temperature drops I’ve tried to stick with it because it was expensive but I’ve made my mind up I’m going to buy a decent charcoal barbecue a Webber or something I can cook with wood and charcoal on to get a bit of flavour in to the food. Sorry if that sound negative but I love barbecuing and the cadac just doesn’t do it for me.

I bought a cadac last year and I absolutely hate it I only bought it coz everyone was bumming them up but in my opinion they more or less cook the food by frying it not barbecuing for flavour or texture. The least the wee bit of wind and the temperature drops put a decent size bit of meat on and the temperature drops I’ve tried to stick with it because it was expensive but I’ve made my mind up I’m going to buy a decent charcoal barbecue a Webber or something I can cook with wood and charcoal on to get a bit of flavour in to the food. Sorry if that sound negative but I love barbecuing and the cadac just doesn’t do it for me.

That was exactly my experience, Wully.
A conventional gas hob and frypan does a better job than a Cadac with it's 'griddle', is far cheaper - and SO much easier to clean. The BBQ attachment I thought absolute rubbish for reasons similar to you (it's drastically underpowered) and again a serious pain to clean.
For me it's a frypan for frying and a charcoal BBQ for BBQ-ing everytime.

Colin ???

Bought a Cadac, hardly ever used it as we stay mainly in Aires, stellplatzen etc., or wildcamp. I don’t like to take the p**s by using a barbecue in such places, and besides can’t bother with the faff of cleaning it when we’ve got a perfectly good oven! So it tends to stay at home...for which I’m going to get a proper Weber barbecue.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back