Calais stopover January ?

jeffmossy

Rally Organiser

Hi All

Now we have the tunnel booked, when we arrive in Calais we want to take a break for a day or two , so my question is , now City Europe is closed is there somewhere nearby what is open late January ? , we could go to Graveline but then we are going back on ourselves so we would like somewhere a short distance from Calais on rout towards Ruen , but not motorway services . Thanks in advance . Jeff

We have stopped overnight at Wisent after leaving Calais but have heard that bikes are being stolen off the back of vans quite often. I’m not sure we would stay there for longer anyway.

Watten is a nice Aire down by the river. Room for about 20 MHs. Supermarket and shops nearby. Off the beaten track and about 30 mins drive from Calais.

Wissant, used it many times, no problem and a few miles down toll free motorway.

We have stopped overnight at Wisent after leaving Calais but have heard that bikes are being stolen off the back of vans quite often. I’m not sure we would stay there for longer anyway.

That was few years back. But keeps poping up on sites.

Boulogne has a nice aire just as you go into the town. Lovely view over the harbour and a good chip van across the road. Just follow the sign for Nausicca

We like the Baie de Somme Aire on the A16. Particularly nice loos, good walks and really quiet at the far end. Only an hour from Calais which is why we use it. Just for one night we prefer it as safer being on the toll road and no problems with breaking etc (personally, to date)

Watten is a nice Aire down by the river. Room for about 20 MHs. Supermarket and shops nearby. Off the beaten track and about 30 mins drive from Calais.
Yes to Watten . Been there three times. Great little free aire. Plus if you’ve got the time, visit the German Blockhaus, V2 installation around the corner.
Edit#2 If you do stop there. Say hello to Keith, who pretty much lives there.

agree the aire at baie de somme services is a great overnight stop but there is also a nice aire at st valerry de somme nice walks by the sea, personally wouldn’t hang around up north in january i’ll be in spain within 2 days landing st malo monday morning6B9F65C5-85C5-4051-A197-C458D8BE8249.png

agree the aire at baie de somme services is a great overnight stop but there is also a nice aire at st valerry de somme nice walks by the sea, personally wouldn’t hang around up north in january i’ll be in spain within 2 days landing st malo monday morningView attachment 52399

We normally would not hang around either Ken , but our dog is not keen on traveling so we will stop for a day or so just to give her a break , then move on and stop again after a few hours , we have got all the time in the world so we dont need to rush :cool:

Neufchatel-en-Bray 49.73726 1.429543 this one is pay but there is a free one there somewhere which we usualy use

Yes to Watten . Been there three times. Great little free aire. Plus if you’ve got the time, visit the German Blockhaus, V2 installation around the corner.
Edit#2 If you do stop there. Say hello to Keith, who pretty much lives there.

Keith? We’ve been there many times and never met anyone called Keith!

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back