Calor gas to Autoflow gas refills at garages yes or no

Independant73

I'm a single lady with motorhorme. I read the article about the calor gas tanks I use not being available. Should I fit auto gas yellow tanks. Please help with some info.

My reply would be if your near to a refillable source then use your refillable tanks if you have them, if you think you could struggle getting topped up stick with the Red as fitting Refillable isn't cheap to do.I have One 6Kg Refillable and One 6Kg Red.

couple of comments ...
There are a lot of reports saying soon there will be no places to refill the refillable systems - That is a big exaggeration and is nonsense. Fewer places, yes. NO places, rubbish.
Also there are lots of people saying you won't be able to get the 6Kg Exchangable bottles. While Calor announced they were stopping some sizes, you will still be able to get the 6Kg and 13Kg bottles (the two most common Motorhome sizes) either from Calor or other brands like Flogas. Also Calor has apparently put back the date they are dropping some bottles and wouldn't be surprised if they cancel their plans to drop them.

My reply would be if your near to a refillable source then use your refillable tanks if you have them, if you think you could struggle getting topped up stick with the Red as fitting Refillable isn't cheap to do.I have One 6Kg Refillable and One 6Kg Red.
I have a similar setup - one Calor Exchangable (6Kg) and one Gaslow Refillable (11Kg) and think having one of each works very well as covers most eventualities.

Thank you. So do I have to get an adaptor or can you just use the connection in the van as it is, just change tanks when one runs out?

I'm a single lady with motorhorme. I read the article about the calor gas tanks I use not being available. Should I fit auto gas yellow tanks. Please help with some info.
to fill the yellow tanks ( GASLOW ) will be have the price or less against calor we have had 7 m/h & we have fitted refillable on 4 of them .if you can upload photos of you gas cupboard it would help .cheyenne

If you have a Calor already and fit a Gaslow or Gasit refillable you need to get a POL adaptor so you only need to buy a fill kit and the bottle, the adapter is quite cheap.

I got this one from the same company, it was also the cheapest place to get a 6kg cylinder.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back