Cant bleed water system

Billieblue

Hi all, my van (Autosleeper Harmony 2003) has been standing since I got back at the end of March. I filled up with water but when I tried to run the taps it was hissing and spluttering as it does when it’s been empty so I did the usual bleeding process - to no avail. Water came through intermittently but then reverted to spluttering. I then realised that the pump was running when the taps weren’t open. Any ideas?

What’s the frost valve? I know, duh 🙄. Sorry didn’t get to chat at Hollingsworth. Hope you’re both well x
Some van water systems have a valve that opens when v.cold to drain water to prevent it freezing and damaging pipes.
often blue or yellow somewhere near the pump. Can sometimes stick open. Water then drains straight out the bottom of the tank. Any pools of water under van?

Thanks. Mine doesn’t have that. It does have a yellow lever that I can lift to empty the tank but presume if it was up the tank wouldn’t have water.

Thanks. Mine doesn’t have that. It does have a yellow lever that I can lift to empty the tank but presume if it was up the tank wouldn’t have water.
If it's the same as mine, the yellow lever is to empty the hot water tank. With that open, the pump would just be pumping water into the hot water tank, which would simultaneously be draining via the valve with the yellow lever. However, you should notice the water underneath the van -- particularly if it emptied your entire fresh tank.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back