Chat Room

So I did a couple hours potting on etc in the greenhouse & cold frames today.
Got a reasonable amount done - so at least that's hopefully a bit more pocket money for next year, I'm thinking.

Decided to call it a day (I'm pacing myself just now as not back up to strength yet), but thought I'd check the bird feeders first to see if they needed a top up before heading indoors. They did, so I unhooked a few and went up to garage to top up with sunflower seeds.

When I came back with the feeders, look who'd appeared in the meantime, munching on a fallen fat ball and some peanuts!
Rushed off to fetch phone and managed to take a couple photos. He/she's a young 'un, but not too tiny. Should be hibernating this time of year.

At least if it's nesting up somewhere nearby (maybe in the compost bins?) then it'll be OK for food in my garden, which will hopefully see it through to next spring.

Brought a proper smile to my face! Hello little hedge pig 👋 😃 😁

Hedgehog-02.jpg

Which is the next chapel then :oops:
So I did a couple hours potting on etc in the greenhouse & cold frames today.
Got a reasonable amount done - so at least that's hopefully a bit more pocket money for next year, I'm thinking.

Decided to call it a day (I'm pacing myself just now as not back up to strength yet), but thought I'd check the bird feeders first to see if they needed a top up before heading indoors. They did, so I unhooked a few and went up to garage to top up with sunflower seeds.

When I came back with the feeders, look who'd appeared in the meantime, munching on a fallen fat ball and some peanuts!
Rushed off to fetch phone and managed to take a couple photos. He/she's a young 'un, but not too tiny. Should be hibernating this time of year.

At least if it's nesting up somewhere nearby (maybe in the compost bins?) then it'll be OK for food in my garden, which will hopefully see it through to next spring.

Brought a proper smile to my face! Hello little hedge pig 👋 😃 😁

View attachment 51772
I’m jealous, we haven’t had one in the garden for years, no road kill either, must be getting very scarce in rural Cheshire ...

Marie we’ve had a few this year because they seemed to disappear a good few years ago we used to have loads in the garden, Misty doesn’t seem to know what they are!..lol

Remember when you just had to twist the sweet wrapper to get at the choc inside? We have a tub of Roses and they are wrapped in child-proof wrappers where you need to find the little arrow and tear the wrapper open. I've been trying to get the hang of it for the last hour and it looks as though I only have 4 more attempts left :rolleyes:

Remember when you just had to twist the sweet wrapper to get at the choc inside? We have a tub of Roses and they are wrapped in child-proof wrappers where you need to find the little arrow and tear the wrapper open. I've been trying to get the hang of it for the last hour and it looks as though I only have 4 more attempts left :rolleyes:
I soon had them worked out, can't keep keep me away from choccies. :D

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back