Clutch 27000 miles

Carrerasax

Last week on route to IOW clutch starting knocking felt through pedal and audibly as we neared Poole. Usually on changing up or down from to 3rd gear.
Began to worry if we were going to make the scheduled ferry. After a few miles and 10 minutes it cleared and haven't had it since!!!!
Any ideas as 3 year warranty is up 1/3/20.

I’d be surprised if it were to be replaced under warranty. It may be a very premature failure but is very likely to be turned down as a warranty claim as a “wear and tear” item.

What base vehicle is it, Ford or Fiat? Before I retired we used to sell loads of Ford dual mass flywheels, and I can’t remember a single one on a Fiat.

My duel mass flywheel failed at 110000 mile when the lads took it out it had about 5in of play on it.Needless to say it was replaced as was the clutch just coming up to 152000 mile running like a dream.

Last edited:
Loads on pugs
Ford engined Peugeot’s 2.2?

I had a Alhambra that started to make “clutch judder” noises that we quickly tracked down to the over running alternator pulley packing up. It loads the alternator belt mainly on power takeup letting the clutch out. It pays to check the less obvious sometimes.

Had the Ducato clutch done late last year at 67000 due to the auto clutch slipping in 5th. It is a 1997 one though

Ford engined Peugeot’s 2.2?

I had a Alhambra that started to make “clutch judder” noises that we quickly tracked down to the over running alternator pulley packing up. It loads the alternator belt mainly on power takeup letting the clutch out. It pays to check the less obvious sometimes.

Thanks for that comment. My Grandson has a Seat doing the same and the Garage he bought it from does not want to know as they reckon it's an engine out and gearbox replacement. They are not Seat dealers (or experts by the sound of it). :rolleyes:

2006 Peugeot Boxer 2.8 HDi running at 4,100kg since a couple of years old and had the clutch changed at 77,000 miles.

Not because it was slipping or anything but because it had a rather strenuous Pyrenees trip to do and the pedal was fairly high.

Is there any noise on idle like a chatter/ rattle L
No none at all.
The only symptoms was the audible and felt slight knock on clutch pedal as I lifted clutch pedal when changing gear for about 10 minutes on the one journey!!!

Sounds like the fingers on the diaphram playing up,one may be broken or the clutch may have been to cold or hot as they dont flex to easy until opened and closed a few times.

Sounds like the fingers on the diaphram playing up,one may be broken or the clutch may have been to cold or hot as they dont flex to easy until opened and closed a few times.
We'd already done 100+ miles in plenty of traffic si hope not broken.
Is there any way of knowing without further symptoms b4 warranty runs out?

Pretty sure clutch and flywheel are not warranty items, though it’s probably best to make enquiries with dealer first.
We had a dmf go on a Kia Carens at 40000 miles. Symptoms were knocking on drive take up and on the over run if you took your foot off the accelerator quickly. 5 years old and not covered on the 7 year warranty.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back