Coffee Lovers

Jenrai

I love my tech and I love my coffee but have limited storage space but now I can have both :)

I give you the Cafflano coffee maker

Just thought this looked super cool so think I am gonna order one.

£62.47 + postage. That’s a lot of money for filter coffee. I’ll carry on using my, at least 40 year old percolator. And I’ll either continue using ground coffee or buy a cheap grinder.
As with everything. You pays yer money, yer takes yer chance.

I am a coffee bean lover (Colombian) at home I have a superb De-Longhi machine. We are away quite a bit, but I really don't have the room for the machine, so I find Colombian dry roasted a good substitute and the jar is a space saver, IMO

I drink nothing but ground coffee and have invested in numerous ways of making it over the years but by far the simplest and cheapest is this a stainless steeliness mesh filter that just sits in any cup or mug makes perfect coffee every time and takes up no cupboard space in the van
BE10A539-B00C-4991-AB73-12BD92190014.jpeg

Last edited:
FWIW, I pre-grind enough for each trip and then either use an Aeropress or Staresso and froth the milk using a rechargeable battery whisk/frother. That said, someone either on here or one of Phil's other fora posted info about a Bellman stove-top espresso/cappuccino maker that lets you pull proper espresso and also steam texture milk using your stove to power the boiler. Expensive bit of kit, but probably worth it if you're addicted to proper espresso!

I had a beaker where you put the grinds in the bottom then poured the hot water in. A few minutes later you pressed a sieve down which compressed all the grinds into the bottom of the beaker. I ditched it in the end, the grunge kept getting through the mash And stuck in my teeth. And the coffee got stronger and stronger.
Wonder if this system will have a similar issue.

Yes I have one of those stove top coffee makers but I get lazy and my ground coffee gets stale in the cupboard and looses its flavour. I like the idea of the built in coffee grinder cos i thin it tastes better from ground beans to cup.

I'll stick to my kettles (collapsible one for the gas and a small leccy one) and a jar of good instant.

I do have a filter machine at home but only bother with it on special occasions.

Removed

Yes I have one of those stove top coffee makers but I get lazy and my ground coffee gets stale in the cupboard and looses its flavour. I like the idea of the built in coffee grinder cos i thin it tastes better from ground beans to cup.
It’s handy having Nikki to nag remind me, it’s in the fridge 😚

The nice lady on Hedgecombers youtube channel is comparing several different coffee makers, trying to find, “ the best camping coffee maker” in a series of videos. The first one failed her test miserably, the second, a Bodum, faired better. If you’ve time, maybe worth a visit.
I’m not interested in coffee as such. As a cook of little imagination and of even less ability, how to videos, help me maintain a varied diet. I’ve found that swapping cheese for ham in a ham and tomato baguette does not constitute much of a variation 🥺. My beef casserole isn’t bad. Chicken stroganoff, I’ve found is better cooked in a non stick pan. Only taking minutes to clean, instead of three days. Haven’t died yet, although that’s probably more through good luck.
Don’t worry, it’s unlikely you’ll ever be invited for lunch 😚

It's me. I have one of these and the grinder in my Hymer. Grinder via inverter. Bellman runs on the stove. Does make a pretty decent cup. Though I have to admit for one person it's a hassle, so I usually just have instant.

Ground coffee once open should be kept in an airtight container in the fridge it will last longer

I agree about the phaff of making coffee for one. And tbh, there are some pretty decent instants out there. And surprisingly, they're instant ;)
Going to try a Lavazza prontissimo when the current ground is finished. There's a Lavazza theme going on here.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back