Coffee Lovers

I love good coffee but don’t want to deal with the mess after I have made a cup. It is easier on a site as you can wash the equipment out at the pot wash but when wild camping it is sometimes harder to get rid of the granules/powder without having to wash the machine/equipment in your onboard sink without allowing any of the gunk to go down your drain. So, my solution is coffee bags which are used in the same way as a tea bag - ideal. https://www.tesco.com/groceries/en-GB/products/301175089

I love good coffee but don’t want to deal with the mess after I have made a cup. It is easier on a site as you can wash the equipment out at the pot wash but when wild camping it is sometimes harder to get rid of the granules/powder without having to wash the machine/equipment in your onboard sink without allowing any of the gunk to go down your drain. So, my solution is coffee bags which are used in the same way as a tea bag - ideal. https://www.tesco.com/groceries/en-GB/products/301175089
I've got a box of those as well, another Xmas gift. I'll try with an open mind.

Leave my attic out of this

I had a beaker where you put the grinds in the bottom then poured the hot water in. A few minutes later you pressed a sieve down which compressed all the grinds into the bottom of the beaker. I ditched it in the end, the grunge kept getting through the mash And stuck in my teeth. And the coffee got stronger and stronger.
Wonder if this system will have a similar issue.
I have one of these and have had it a few years now, so far no significant grunge getting past the filter. So easy, so tasty, so get one!
K ;)

I drink a lot of coffee, black & strong. Have tried all kinds of beans & just about every device known to mankind. Now just drink Nescafé Alta Rica. If you like coffee then for £3.50 it has to be worth a try. No faffing with grinders, no coffee pots, just a good decent cup of Joe. I buy dozen or so jars when it's on offer, don't go off like beans & nothing left behind to clean.

Alta Rica always did it for me. If you like a stronger brew, it’s up there with the better ones.
Then, I bought an Aero Press. Use your ground coffee of choice, put in the hot water, push down on the piston, great coffee. It takes twice as long as making instant. Most people would have another 30 seconds to spare, even in the busiest of lives. Since I retired, time is at a premium. No idea how I fitted in time to go to work. A good coffee, once or twice a day helps no end.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back