Disabled breakdown

Molly 3

Has anyone any experience of breaking down and recovery with a disabled passenger , that could not climb into a high recovery truck ? .

Haha I remember in the old days helping a disabled lady into an AA ford cargo truck ?✋?? not sure who was most embarrassed me or the lady we had a great laugh and she made me a cracking sandwich when I dropped her off in the lake district

A few years ago I binned my FJ1200 big style and ended up with several broken ribs, 2 thumbs and a wrist. Recovery came, picked up the bike and then said climb in !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I could hardly stand. Sorry mate and off he went. The local biker bobbies arrived, asked, are you ok? I said "I'm not sure" so they rode off. A passing motorist stopped to help me, he phoned Sue, she phoned our son, and I eventually arrived at our local hospital. This was a Friday, the following Monday we were due to drive to our friends place in Spain. The pain in Spain falls mainly on the ???????????????

Some years ago I was stewarding a THS when a lowloader came in with a Hymer on the back. In the Hymer was a lady in a wheelchair. Her husband was in the cab of the lowloader. She said riding that high up gave her an even better view of the countryside.

A few years ago I binned my FJ1200 big style and ended up with several broken ribs, 2 thumbs and a wrist. Recovery came, picked up the bike and then said climb in !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I could hardly stand. Sorry mate and off he went. The local biker bobbies arrived, asked, are you ok? I said "I'm not sure" so they rode off. A passing motorist stopped to help me, he phoned Sue, she phoned our son, and I eventually arrived at our local hospital. This was a Friday, the following Monday we were due to drive to our friends place in Spain. The pain in Spain falls mainly on the ???????????????
Was this a while ago? I think they have these things called "ambulances" nowadays that can move people to the big sick houses after a road accident.

Was this a while ago? I think they have these things called "ambulances" nowadays that can move people to the big sick houses after a road accident.
Our son was 18 and had just passed his driving test (he's now 42) I suppose that these days I could sue everyone and their parents, but 20 odd years ago and in a slightly dazed condition there's a gap until I was at Thameside hospital. Anyway I was in the passenger seat when our newly qualified driver took us away early on Monday

sounds like you survived and I am sure your son felt good being able to help his dad out (y)

Nearest I got to that was after I came off my ZZR600 and was slightly dazed. Wondered why my left arm was wet. Looked down and saw the blood dripping down and off my fingers :rolleyes: . Rode home and then drove car to doctors (I think?) to get stitched up.
Oddly enough, that would have been the same year you had your prang.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back