Dometic CRX50 fridge problems

Is that just a Min/Max or does it log throughout time?

If if is just Min/Max, you won't see the full pattern of freeze/defrost, especially if you don't check every day.
The reason why I like the ones I linked to is that you get a constant picture of the temperature pattern throughout an extended time period (2 weeks or more) on a minute by minute basis so you are not locked into having to check everyday.
You can also connect via Bluetooth or Wifi via an App and save the data if you want to cross-reference or keep a record.
I've just ordered one of theses so I can se how the fridge is doing Screenshot_20231208-103231_Samsung Internet.jpg

I've just ordered one of theses so I can se how the fridge is doing View attachment 70772
Looks good.
This might be interesting if you were not aware... The Humidity info will actually tell you if the fridge compressor is running or not.
When active, the humidity drops really fast (much quicker than temp) and then when it stops, humidity shoots up.
Useful by-product of the monitor :)

Looks good.
This might be interesting if you were not aware... The Humidity info will actually tell you if the fridge compressor is running or not.
When active, the humidity drops really fast (much quicker than temp) and then when it stops, humidity shoots up.
Useful by-product of the monitor :)
Cheers

That will just tell you the current temperature. It will not give you any info regarding if the freezer has defrosted and refroze.
Not the same thing and certainly not as good.
the only time our freezer has defrosted is WHEN we switch it off:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: & we tour in 38/40dec temp thats why we put the extra fans in . but my question is what happens to your superb compressor fridge's if the heat elements go down & no gas to fall on :unsure:.cheyenne

the only time our freezer has defrosted is WHEN we switch it off:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: & we tour in 38/40dec temp thats why we put the extra fans in . but my question is what happens to your superb compressor fridge's if the heat elements go down & no gas to fall on :unsure:.cheyenne
Good for you. But if you refer to the question asked, you would realise those thermometers would be of no use to the problem posed

As far as the compressor fridges, they are inherently more reliably than 3-way fridges as well as being far more efficient. Just look how many threads are on Forums regarding problems compared to those about Compressor Fridges - there is your answer.

Something to ponder for 3-Way Fridge users .....
There is a trend I believe on Campsite to meter electricity? If you ran your 3-way Fridge on Metered Electric on when on site, and also have it running on Electric when at home so it is ready to use when you go away, then you would actually spend significantly more on electricity in a single year than a 240V AC Compressor Fridge/Freezer costs to buy AND run for that year.
You could actually afford to replace the Fridge/Freezer every year for a brand new one and still save money!

What this also means is that IF a compressor Fridge Freezer breaks down when on holiday, even just throwing it away and buying a new one from the local "Currys" equivalent will be cheaper than running a 3-way.
I've never had to replace a Compressor Fridge in a Camper or Motorhome though, so that is a bit academic :) (I did buy a spare Compressor Fridge for the Camper in case it broke - but it never did. That was £80 wasted I suppose. I wonder how much a call-out would be to fix a burner issue on a 3-way?)

Something to ponder for 3-Way Fridge users .....
There is a trend I believe on Campsite to meter electricity? If you ran your 3-way Fridge on Metered Electric on when on site, and also have it running on Electric when at home so it is ready to use when you go away, then you would actually spend significantly more on electricity in a single year than a 240V AC Compressor Fridge/Freezer costs to buy AND run for that year.
You could actually afford to replace the Fridge/Freezer every year for a brand new one and still save money!

What this also means is that IF a compressor Fridge Freezer breaks down when on holiday, even just throwing it away and buying a new one from the local "Currys" equivalent will be cheaper than running a 3-way.
I've never had to replace a Compressor Fridge in a Camper or Motorhome though, so that is a bit academic :) (I did buy a spare Compressor Fridge for the Camper in case it broke - but it never did. That was £80 wasted I suppose. I wonder how much a call-out would be to fix a burner issue on a 3-way?)
I'll have to second all that David.

My three way fridge is 22 years young and still going strong out lasted a lot of the compressor fridges and I don't have to rely on batteries or go on hook up like some have to do

We’ve had nothing but problems with our 3 way fridges whilst full timing !
Gas burners failing, condenser packs need replacing ,
We’ve decided to go compressor this time so fingers crossed,
Still trying to work out if the light goes out when you close the door 🤣👍

With the smartshunt, you will be able to check that :)

Did you know (who's catchphrase was that?) that if a (non-LED) lightbulb in fridge stayed stuck on, that bulb would use more power over a year than the actual fridge itself!

leisure fridges are not meant for full timing as for light staying on a good fridge will turn the light off before closing the door & if you have a cheap fridge put a camera on recorded then shut the door its not rocket science. cheyenne

This may be of interest on the merits of 3-Way Fridges vs Compressor Fridges ....

Now ignoring how Compressor Fridges are 7 times more efficient on Electrical useage compared to Absorption Fridges; and ignoring that they will freeze down to -20C, not just a certain amount below the Ambient temperature; and ignoring that they will work even when they are not in a perfectly level environment; oh, and ignoring the fact that they require ZERO maintenance once installed compared to 3-way fridges, there is actually an advantage in how a Compressor Fridge/Freezer works compared to the 3-way Absorption Fridge ...

When someone has a 3-way, they generally need to be switched on the evening before so ready to fill in the morning before heading away. A Compressor Fridge (and Fridge/Freezer) cools down to operating temperature far faster.
As an example, I have had my Compressor Fridge/Freezer off for a while as not needed, but went out yesterday to do a stockup of frozen food and fridge food for Christmas. Turned it on in the morning and you can see how fast it got down to temp in the graph below.
Screenshot 2023-12-20 at 12-50-11 Monty - VRM Portal.png
just 45 minutes to get down to 3* Freezer temp and 90 minutes to get down to the full 5* Freezer level.

So if you are someone who uses your Campervan or Motorhome in a very spontaneous way and decide to head away on a whim, you can just turn on a Compressor Fridge when you decide "yeah, let's go away" and by the time you have got your gear packed to head off, the Fridge & Freezer are in full operating mode, instead of having to leave on all the time just in case, in the situation where you are running an prehistoric 3-way Fridge.
So that 7 times more efficient actually shoots up to be way better than that as only on when needed :)

horses for courses & that applies to the people / how they use them & what kind of transport they have & what their budget is one's man's meat is an other man's poison. cheyenne

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back