Eberspacher D4

Matata

Free Member

Dear all, just a heads up… Our Eberspacher has been giving an occasional false start, 3 out of 10 attempts it would fail to ignite. We live in the NW and it proved very difficult to have someone look at it. They either fitted them but didn’t service them, too busy , give us a call in two weeks. After numerous phoning around got in touch with PF jones Manchester. Got it booked in 5 days . Andy the tech couldn’t have been more helpful,. Brought me into the bay, lap top plugged in and explained all the parameters on view. The fault code showed three false starts due to voltage dropping under 10.3v… Needed a new leisure battery. . Good company to deal with👍BHope this helps someoneIMG_9207.jpegIMG_9203.jpeg

I have had the same problem .
So now changing the whole system to lithium batteries with the help of member Wildebus.

My batteries are just over one year old and there are two 95 amp lead acid batteries.
When the heater does start there’s no problem running them .

I've dealt with PF Jones for years....
proper old style straight down the line folks to deal with .

Not cheapest for heaters or spares BUT they are very helpful .

For what it's worth if you have a suitable controller (701/801 ) the fault code readout can be pretty helpful towards diagnosing most faults .

Bought two heaters from PFJones, and can only confirm that they are an excellent company

I have an Eberspacher D4 in my van with the 801 controller which gives diagnostics, very handy for checking faults.

This is also a very useful eberspacher site that I've used for years ...

Reams of useful info
Fault diagnosis
Controller info etc

This is also a very useful eberspacher site that I've used for years ...

Reams of useful info
Fault diagnosis
Controller info etc

Me too, loads of useful information

Back