Electric steps!

teejay

Electric steps!

Does anyone have the Thule electric step fitted to the moho? How well does it work? Does it ever seize up? What tips have you to keep it tip top? 1481039693094.jpg

This was ours after a 'dirty' weekender to north Wales. After cleaning and unseizing it I fitted one mudflap in front of it managing to do so without drilling or cutting and hey presto- a clean step ever since that works every time! Marvellous.

I think that is the key to smooth operation of any type of step. I have an Omnistep and made a protecting flap in front of the step to deflect the carp off the front wheel. It works smoothly since except when it gets bashed by hump back bridges, field entrances, rough tracks or pitches... It's been knocked that many times, I can now fix and rebuild it blindfolded, in the dark while wearing boxing gloves ?

K?

We have a Thule single step fitted on our Carthago, it failed after 18 months. According to our dealer, apart from dirt, water ingress issues, the commonest fault is the shearing of the drive pinion of the motor, which is what happened to ours. Luckily it is available as a spare part rather than a new motor and is relatively easy to fit if you are handy with the spanners.
Dave
ps forgot to add that the giveaway for the drive pinion failure is that you can manually pull the step in and out.

Last edited:

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back