Electroblok on Hymer B584 Year 2000 not charging leisure battery from engine

If everything else in the EBL is working, other than the linking relay, you might get away with fitting a new relay outside the box. What I am thinking is a normally open 70A relay with closing triggered by a D+ feed that would link the engine and leisure battery leads when the engine is running. Am I overlooking something important with this idea?
Thanks for help. Problem was a faulty 50A fuse next to starter battery. Solved.

I'm aware the circuit goes via the Electrobloc, what I don't understand is you say the fridge has power when switched to 12 volt and the engine is running but no charge to leisure batteries?
That suggests the D+ signal is being received by the Electrobloc and unless there is a break in the circuit to the leisure batteries they should be receiving a charge.
Have you tried measuring the voltage at the leisure batteries with engine running, if so does it increase with engine running or not?

I'm aware the circuit goes via the Electrobloc, what I don't understand is you say the fridge has power when switched to 12 volt and the engine is running but no charge to leisure batteries?
That suggests the D+ signal is being received by the Electrobloc and unless there is a break in the circuit to the leisure batteries they should be receiving a charge.
Have you tried measuring the voltage at the leisure batteries with engine running, if so does it increase with engine running or not?

When I had an EBL the charge arrived from the engine battery through a big wire on the back and went on to the leisure battery by another big wire on the back. When the D+ signal was received by the EBL an internal relay linked the two. If the two are not at the same voltage when the engine is running then either the D+ signal is suspect or the relay may have stopped working.
View attachment 51492View attachment 51493

You can either get yours repaired or get an exchange unit. Much cheaper than buying a new one. I'm not certain if you can get your original one upgraded to the spec of a later model but it would be better.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back