Engine Oil

• Thread starter Deleted member 7646
  • Start date

Deleted member 7646

Hi every one.
I have a 2019 Majestic 285 motorhome on a Peugeot chassis, 2.0 liter. What kind of engine oil does it take
Kind regards
malc

The name on oils does not matter as all have specs to meet, what does matter is the grade and type, mineral sinth or semi sinthetic.
me i always use a light bottom end number 5/30 or 40, 10/40 semi for my old standard engine. low number at bottom end means thinner for cold starts where most engine wear happens, do use what the makers say is my beast advice and change it often, if doing short trips.
Do remember to give the engine some hard fast work to let the detergents in oil clean the internals of the engine, slow driving kills engines.

Our 2017 Ducato has 5/30 as per the handbook. Not fussed on the make as long as it meets the specs as Trev says.

You can always enter your reg here and see what it says?

Regards,
Del

Our 2017 Ducato has 5/30 as per the handbook. Not fussed on the make as long as it meets the specs as Trev says.
Our 2016 Ducato says 0/30 in the handbook, Graham, so I shelled out over €50 to buy 5 litres in Spain when my standby 1 Litre bottle was looking as though it might not get us through the trip. Returned to Scotland and booked Brunhilde in for major service, where the garage filled the engine with 5/30! I showed the Boss the Owner's Handbook, he printed off the Page from his Technical Manual and we agreed to stick with the 5/30 [I already a 5 Litre Container in the Shed], so I now have 5 litres each of 0/30 and 5/30! Of course, now that the engine is run in, it doesn't use any oil between services, so the total 10 litres will last me a long time ... :ROFLMAO:

On the plus side, the round trip to Jeff Mossy's Rallies put some welcome mileage on the Van and on the return leg, the engine passed 19.000 miles and freed up significantly, as I noticed when I passed a vehicle at a satnav indicated 75mph before the alarm kicked in! It had struggled to reach 70mph before that [asthmatic 67 or 68mph was the best effort]

Steve

Teasco were selling of the old style cans of oil, 10/40 15/40 & 5/30, i bought two trollies of it at £8 a can 5ltrs, I use the lighter in winter and for car as only short cold trips, summer in goes the thicker stuff, any oil is better than no oil.

I think this van might be the first one I need to bother about oil.

It's my motorhome. I can find it where I park it, but automotive suppliers can never find it with their IT systems. Apparently quite a common issue with motorhomes.
Thats because the reg date may be out by a few years, IE , my van is reged 2000 but in fact was built in 1997, many cars when i was in the trade were at least 6mth to a year older than there owners thought, some layland cars were 2 years older as they could not sell the cr-p.
I looked up the above oil and only when i went back 3 years before my van reg did it mention the 59/12 chassis cab model which mine is before have a body contructed on it by uk lib board.

It's my motorhome. I can find it where I park it, but automotive suppliers can never find it with their IT systems. Apparently quite a common issue with motorhomes.
I have the same problem with my Hymer becuase DVLA list it as a Fiat Hymer that's why I enter the base vehicle manually 👍

Regards,
Del

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back