ES14 12V Bulb. Exists?

wildebus

I don't know if these exist or not, but I bet if they do, someone on this forum will have used them so here goes :)

I am after an ES14 (Small Fitting Edison Screw style) Bulb to fit into a standard table lamp, but I want to also use it on 12V instead of 240V, so is there such a thing as a 12V version of the ES14 bulb? (The low wattage of an LED bulb means the DC current on an 12V LED Bulb will be around the same as a 240V Standard Bulb so the standard flex will be fine).

They do exist, if you search I am sure you can find one that looks like a normal bulb

I don't know if these exist or not, but I bet if they do, someone on this forum will have used them so here goes :)

I am after an ES14 (Small Fitting Edison Screw style) Bulb to fit into a standard table lamp, but I want to also use it on 12V instead of 240V, so is there such a thing as a 12V version of the ES14 bulb? (The low wattage of an LED bulb means the DC current on an 12V LED Bulb will be around the same as a 240V Standard Bulb so the standard flex will be fine).
Osram do a SES (E14) 12v led bulb. See www.ledbulbs.co.uk.

Cheers :)
I did a search on Amazon before posting my question but found nothing!

This looks quite retro and would be nice in a camper - https://amzn.to/2LtnufM
31Ck8TxbOjL.jpg

echos of the old gas mantle covers there

They are SES 14 and not ES 14, that`s why Amazon came up with nothing and highlights the importance of using the correct terminology.

Well, I bought the 12V ES14 Electric Light Mantle and fitted it today in my 240V Table Lamp for the Camperbus.

Have to see what it is like when it gets dark but I do like the style of the bulb (the inset in the photo shows the ES14 bulb on - seems pretty bright!)
The lamp itself as well looks nice. Just need to work out a way to keep it secure

🤠 🦓 🐱

Well, I bought the 12V ES14 Electric Light Mantle and fitted it today in my 240V Table Lamp for the Camperbus.

View attachment 49689
Have to see what it is like when it gets dark but I do like the style of the bulb (the inset in the photo shows the ES14 bulb on - seems pretty bright!)
The lamp itself as well looks nice. Just need to work out a way to keep it secure

🤠 🦓 🐱
Is it soft or pure white,i like soft as easy on the eye.

Is it soft or pure white,i like soft as easy on the eye.
as per the description ....."Warm White 3000K"
The photo in post #6 is better and more accurate than the one I took (y)

🤠 🦓 🐱

They are SES 14 and not ES 14, that`s why Amazon came up with nothing and highlights the importance of using the correct terminology.
SES14 and ES14 are the same specification. ES stands for Edison Screw. Often the 14mm size is called Small Edison Screw.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back