ESPANA DISCOVERY

Thehawk

Has anyone got any experience, or advice, regarding Espana Discovery (ED)? It appears to be the Spanish version of France Passion. We are planning a trip to Spain later this year, planning to use ACSI sites and free Aires but would also like to consider ED overnight stops too! Thanks in advance for any comments.

Graham & Sue

Seem to be lots of reviews via Google?
PS. I think some members must know all the sites in Spain...but never been ourselves....Good Luck :)
I've seen the various blogs before. I'm hoping for first hand experiences and perhaps knowledge of the geographic spread of the vineyards also.. Thanks again for comment

Ok if its small there is many places you will find were you can tuck yourself away but just keep an eye out for no motorhomes signs my boy was saying the other day about the problems they have had in the station with calls from locals about campervans last year in carparks on the beach I find that I don't have problems when I stay inland and park up in small villages.

Ok if its small there is many places you will find were you can tuck yourself away but just keep an eye out for no motorhomes signs my boy was saying the other day about the problems they have had in the station with calls from locals about campervans last year in carparks on the beach I find that I don't have problems when I stay inland and park up in small villages.
Thanks Ken. So if there are no 'No Motorhome ' signs is it generally OK to stop overnight?

👌😇
Ken knows Spain..
What he says, goes.

Thanks Ken. So if there are no 'No Motorhome ' signs is it generally OK to stop overnight?
As long as you keep yourself out the way you should be ok if you get into problems with the police just say the red warning light came on and for safety you pull over to try and find someone to look at it. but it was a bit late so you will find some one in the morning ;)

You don't seem to be getting much info re España Discovery! I can't help either, not having visited Spain. Have you checked out the map on the España Discovery website? It shows the geographic spread of hosts and clicking on the pushpins reveals the name (and thereby usually the nature) of the location.

You don't seem to be getting much info re España Discovery! I can't help either, not having visited Spain. Have you checked out the map on the España Discovery website? It shows the geographic spread of hosts and clicking on the pushpins reveals the name (and thereby usually the nature) of the location.
Sorry for the slow response.
I had looked very quickly at the map before I posted ( using my small phone) and didn't see as much information as you mention. I will look again.
Thanks for taking the time to check and comment.
Regards
Graham

Has anyone got any experience, or advice, regarding Espana Discovery (ED)? It appears to be the Spanish version of France Passion. We are planning a trip to Spain later this year, planning to use ACSI sites and free Aires but would also like to consider ED overnight stops too! Thanks in advance for any comments.

Graham & Sue
Hi Graham and Sue
We have used France Passion for years and tend to travel in much the same style as yourselves. This year we are visiting Spain and tried Espana discovery for Catalonia, the Pyrenees and across to Leon. VERY DISAPPOINTING! Not a patch on France Passion with a large number of listed sites at which you cannot stay overnight (what’s the point of that?). Others that blend the scheme with charges that are difficult to avoid and many that site ‘security’ as a reason for you visiting their shop then having to leave at closing time! Our security or theirs? Not very friendly which ever is the answer! That said the first one we visited was a lovely family run olive oil mill and wine business, perfect with our dog. Would you believe that in Rioja there are only two sites and at neither can you overnight, and how many Bodegas are there in Rioja? What have the authors been doing for 12 years. So for France Passion users this publication is a big disappointment and I won’t bore you with uninhabited bodegas with no signs! Have a great trip but don’t rely on this publication.

Hi Graham and Sue
We have used France Passion for years and tend to travel in much the same style as yourselves. This year we are visiting Spain and tried Espana discovery for Catalonia, the Pyrenees and across to Leon. VERY DISAPPOINTING! Not a patch on France Passion with a large number of listed sites at which you cannot stay overnight (what’s the point of that?). Others that blend the scheme with charges that are difficult to avoid and many that site ‘security’ as a reason for you visiting their shop then having to leave at closing time! Our security or theirs? Not very friendly which ever is the answer! That said the first one we visited was a lovely family run olive oil mill and wine business, perfect with our dog. Would you believe that in Rioja there are only two sites and at neither can you overnight, and how many Bodegas are there in Rioja? What have the authors been doing for 12 years. So for France Passion users this publication is a big disappointment and I won’t bore you with uninhabited bodegas with no signs! Have a great trip but don’t rely on this publication.
Thank you so much for your detailed reply. I think we will ‘give it a miss’ for our journey.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back