External Thermal Screen for NEW (2016) Ford Transit cab?

MetalPetal

External Thermal Screen for NEW (2016) Ford Transit cab?

Does anyone have a thermal screen for the new Ford Transit? Can find up to 2014, but not the new model. Any views on "universal" blinds?

I've no experience with universal blinds but it might be worth you talking to the people at Taylormade, who I know have been helpful in the past with tricky fitting. I've had a set of their screens for over 6 years and they're still going strong. I read on a thread the other day that they're having maintenance on their website and are tricky to reach at the moment but apparently they're still in business. Google Taylormade screen covers and you should get some info.

I have just had a set delivered for my MH, this is their contact email.

Carolyn Armitage taylormadescreencovers@gmail.com

OP is my other half. we have mailed them this morning and waiting for a reply although website (still out for maintenance) says "We will be taking calls until the 7th of December." - so it looks like they've shut for Xmas already.

out of interest - how much were yours?? we've had a quote from SilverScreens (we have one on our current Ducato base m/h) for £179.

Mine cost £154.00, these where the long version and included delivery which was about £7-8 from memory

Mine cost £154.00, these where the long version and included delivery which was about £7-8 from memory

thanks. long version I presume only covers the bonnet grills and not all the way to the ground???

Taylormade did not have any in stock for my 2012 Ducato when I enquired at the start of the month and wouldn't have any until the new year, so I went to Silver screens instead and bought a new set from them as our Xmas pressie for ourselves this year. The SS version were £179 delivered compared with the TM £145 plus P&P I think.

I sold my sold SS ones for £40 so it covered the difference in the costs.

The SS ones are superb - I cannot fault them however MUCH easier to put on in 3 pieces rather than 1 piece

Graham
smile.gif

I got the long version from Taylormade for our Master based PVC. They supply them with velcro tabbed elastics, for extra hold on the bonnet section; I'm changing these to velcro magnets in the new year because they are not easy to fit below the bumper. Overall very pleased with them.

I thought abut the long ones but a member on MHF whose opinion I respect, suggested that they can flap around in the wind and hence create noise...hence my going for the standard length ones.

I was attracted to the idea of the longer ones though as anything to stop draughts has to be welcome.

Graham
smile.gif

I'm not sure what length I've got to be honest! The screens seem standard enough but I've also got a separate, less padded, bit that covers the entire bonnet down to the ground. Is that what you mean by longer length or do they make them differently now? As I said before, mine are over 6 years old but I think they were around £140, including the extra bonnet bit... long time ago so I won't swear to that.
I must confess, I've not used the bonnet cover since my husband died... should I use it?

By longer, I meant they cover the vents at the top of the bonnet and we've never had them blowing about ..... yet?

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back