Extra hab door clamp/locks

Carrerasax

Extra hab door clamp/locks

Are these worthwhile? Having had previous van door lock barrel punched out I think I may consider one but guess it’s A bit of a faff unlocking both.
anyone convinced they’re worth it?

I have them fitted and the few seconds extra to unlock them are worth it in my opinion, you will never make a motorhome thiefproof but making it more difficult than the one parked next to you is a good idea.
I have a Milenco Security door lock on the habitation door, the advantage with this one is that you can lock it from the inside
MIL113049__1-320x248.jpg
on the front door I have a Brightlock which is a cover that locks over the original handle, unfortunately no longer available
[h=3][/h]

I have a Fiamma D lock on my hab door which is mostly used as a grab handle for getting in and out of the MH however can easily be deployed as extra security when required.

I too am of the 'make mine harder to break into then the next one' school. I have extra Fiamma locks fitted to my external lockers (one key fits all three); Milenco window alarms; and Lock-Em-Out gizmo's on each window too.

I also carry a large Maglite torch as well...useful for seeing the way in the dark as well as other uses!

Graham
baseballbat.gif

GMJ;n17049 said:
I have a Fiamma D lock on my hab door which is mostly used as a grab handle for getting in and out of the MH however can easily be deployed as extra security when required.

I too am of the 'make mine harder to break into then the next one' school. I have extra Fiamma locks fitted to my external lockers (one key fits all three); Milenco window alarms; and Lock-Em-Out gizmo's on each window too.

I also carry a large Maglite torch as well...useful for seeing the way in the dark as well as other uses!

Graham
baseballbat.gif

I too have one of these and find it a help to get in and out of the van and it gives me a bit more security.

Bernie

I have spent quite a lot on security over the years on caravans and motorhomes but never been targeted (touch wood). Not sure what this means though as it wasn’t all visible.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back