Fake Honda generators

RichardHelen262

I have noticed that over the last few weeks there have been a lot of cheap Chinese genies with Honda stickers for sale on different groups.69495CE0-7769-4213-9E0A-05021D5CC28D.png

Dont buy the one with the "fake" sticker on it eh?
K 🤣
I also thought the fake sticker was a dead giveaway. By "Giveaway", I didn't mean a free gift. :rolleyes:

Most firms buy from china and put there names on them,i have a gen in work shop which will not idle,import from canada,same as ones from china,emailed firm in canada and no feedback.

TBF, it doesn't say it's a Honda in the ad.
The one that doesn’t say it’s a Honda is the Chinese version of the ones that people are putting Honda stickers on and trying to pass them off as Honda, they usually put it as a second hand genny with little use and ask between £350 and £400.
Ps the fake sticker isn’t on the ones they try to pass off as Honda

I saw one on Facebook, said it had hardly been used, asking 250.00 but on further investigation I noticed the socket was on the side, not the front. To be honest anyone who believes you can get a Honda generator for 160.00 quid has obviously never priced them up which is why although advertised as used I still thought that 270.00 was to good to be true.

Regards,
Del

Honda generators are made for them in China, not japan. As with a lot of things badge engineering take place. Those pictures are not a Honda though and the price reflects it. REAL Honda from the UK Honda importers are ridiculously pricey. But not the same elsewhere in the World for the same thing/item. The case of Treasure island, strikes again.
Those little gennies might be worth the money as they may work beautifully, but might not . As they are about a 6th of the price might be worth a gamble.

No real knowledge..
But if you just want a genny for occaisional/emergency use then Kipor seem good value
They do a lower power one as well !
Personally I would not go for one of the really cheap brands
If you plan to use it regularly then "Go Honda" !
We live quite happily (summer only) with no generator...
But I appreciate the need

If anyone wants a Petrol Generator - my father-in-law has some that he has refurbished....just get in touch, will be cheap enough :)

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back