French Peages

stevensmith91

The aircon unit on my Pilote makes the overall height 2cm above 3metre limit for class 2 , I use an Emovis toll tag will it still work or are the height sensors very accurate

The aircon unit on my Pilote makes the overall height 2cm above 3metre limit for class 2 , I use an Emovis toll tag will it still work or are the height sensors very accurate
hi. our last m/h was this one in photo at just under 3m i think that is the cut-off as i have spoke to other m/h owners & they was charged class 3 or 4 . we bought ours from the c/c/club went they was having a discount on them so it has always been class 2 because they didn't know if you was using it for a m/h or caravan . our new m/h is well under at 2.7m so its the height not the length so it would be touch & go as to your A/C unit .cheyenne

SDC11482.JPG

hi. our last m/h was this one in photo at just under 3m i think that is the cut-off as i have spoke to other m/h owners & they was charged class 3 or 4 . we bought ours from the c/c/club went they was having a discount on them so it has always been class 2 because they didn't know if you was using it for a m/h or caravan . our new m/h is well under at 2.7m so its the height not the length so it would be touch & go as to your A/C unit .cheyenne

View attachment 68231
I’ll argue the toss on the intercom if it flags up as class 3
They’ve a camera so the operator will see it’s a Motorhome

Ring Emovis and have a chat with them, they are only in Harrogate, I have always found them to be very helpful.
The contact number is 01 423 299017
Have the actual height of your vehicle to hand and then explain about the aircon unit.

Last edited:
There’s a leaflet on the French site which shows how height is measured. Sanef

As suggested phone emovis as their website says their tags aren’t for category 3 vehicles.

There’s a leaflet on the French site which shows how height is measured. Sanef

As suggested phone emovis as their website says their tags aren’t for category 3 vehicles.
Looking at how they measure the height it would appear that the whole vehicle is scanned and certainly things like overcabs or tv Ariel’s which are above 3m are don’t affect the class IMG_4008.png

Al our MH's have been slightly over 3m and we have always used a tag (Emovis and now Bip&Go) and have never once been charge Class 3. We always go through at Class 2.

Google Translate: ”The elements attached to the roof as well as goods or luggage on trailers or platforms are not taken into account in the calculation of the total height of the vehicle or rolling assembly”

Sounds like your aircon won’t affect the class if the main roofline is under 3m.

I’ll argue the toss on the intercom if it flags up as class 3
They’ve a camera so the operator will see it’s a Motorhome
hi . yes we did that before buying the tag & when they was manned they would stick their heads out of the kiosk to see if you had a tag axel so you couldn't get away with anything UNTILL we bought a tag & drove straight through & there was nothing they could do :ROFLMAO: class 2 all the way LOL

Al our MH's have been slightly over 3m and we have always used a tag (Emovis and now Bip&Go) and have never once been charge Class 3. We always go through at Class 2.
Been looking on another forum re bip &go , fulli etc .
Anyone recommend a particular version ?

The B&P can be used in Spain, Portugal and Italy which is why we went for it. The Emovis one didn't have the Italy option. Aside from that I guess there's not much to choose between them.

If you want one and drop me a line I can get you €4 off your first invoice. I get it too. All I need is your name and email address so best to use the Conversations option on the forum.

Been looking on another forum re bip &go , fulli etc .
Anyone recommend a particular version ?
hi we use these bought through c/c/club default at class 2 .cheyenne

The B&P can be used in Spain, Portugal and Italy which is why we went for it. The Emovis one didn't have the Italy option. Aside from that I guess there's not much to choose between them.

If you want one and drop me a line I can get you €4 off your first invoice. I get it too. All I need is your name and email address so best to use the Conversations option on the forum.
Thanks for the offer , greatly appreciated.
I've discovered fulli are doing an offer just now . No startup fee etc . Same monthly charges

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back