Fridge not working well on gas Geeky Phil

ramblefrog

Hi - hopefully I have attached a video to show how far we have got with our problem?
The light was mainly blue with flashes of yellow so we decided to take part and clean. However, problems getting grey box out
Thanks

Follow up picture as doesn't want to upload video. It is grey box to the right. We unscrewed the part on right and took out Wight overflow containerimage.jpeg

I now have email of video - I know I'm a pest but can I email to someone who may be able to advise?
Thanks in advance
Beverly

Looking at your picture, the plastic container just clips onto the black pipe.
The grey metal box has two screws, the one you can see and another at the rear, this one only needs loosening and then with the front one out the end plate will come away and then the box needs to slide to the left slightly and then it will come off.
You might not have enough room to allow the box to come out, if this is the case you need to remove the screws holding the fridge in, these are found on both sides inside the fridge and are covered with white covers.
Once the cover is off it will reveal the burner, if this is rusty it may be advisable to replace it.
I hope this helps.

Hi Lee,
Thanks for this. We did get as far trying to slide the box to the left but as you say not enough room. Will try the other approach you have suggested tomorrow and see how we get on.
Any suggestions on best place to get a replacement burner?
Will let you know how we get on
Thanks again
Beverly

Hi Lee,
Thanks for this. We did get as far trying to slide the box to the left but as you say not enough room. Will try the other approach you have suggested tomorrow and see how we get on.
Any suggestions on best place to get a replacement burner?
Will let you know how we get on
Thanks again
Beverly
Leisure Shop Direct is good for the burners. Get one with a new jet.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back