FUEL CONSUMPTION

The laird

Rally Organiser

Last week we toured the east coast/Norfolk broads and yesterday I worked out our mpg
Very happy indeed fully loaded with all the gaffers extras etc and got a return of 33*749 to the gallon ,now I know the weather was good and at times I was not hanging about
Veh ford transit 2*2 based hymer 572 travel van (were happy with this)👍

I got 36.59 MPG driving down to Canterbury.

Peugeot Boxer 2.8HDi running filly loaded at 4,100kg.

Worked out with brim to brim fills in Morrisons Leyland and then Morrisons Canterbury.

I got 36.59 MPG driving down to Canterbury.

Peugeot Boxer 2.8HDi running filly loaded at 4,100kg.

Worked out with brim to brim fills in Morrisons Leyland and then Morrisons Canterbury.
Easy, Motorway cruising etc !
Not a typical journey

According to the onboard computer our swb relay fitted with the 2.2 transit engine is averaging 34 mpg that includes motorway and town driving over the last month

I was pleased with my long term 33mpg, but some of these figures are very good for vans much bigger than mine.

When travelling in France we average just over 32mpg but it drops to just under 30 in the UK, 2.8jtd so quite happy with that

Biggest routine weekly spend is Food & Drink (£85) Camp (£43) Diesel/gas (£35) Tolls/Tunnel (£15)
The above based on 23 weeks touring Uk and Europe
And of course the yearly motorhome costs..Insurance Tax Service/MOT/Tyres/Repairs £100 a week based on 52 weeks
Depreciation ???

Renault Master LWB 100 Dci self build, I have just done 10 days over in Wales, including doing countless miles up and down the steepest of side scraping single track roads and then the drive back home and over the past 450 miles my amazing 'Millie' has averaged almost 39 mpg. Last year when touring throughout France, over the nearly 5,000 miles she averaged a snug over 40 mpg.

On best i get 30mpg 2.8 sofim engine turbo iveco 6.3 ton bus,if i could get an even higher dif im sure more could be squeezed out.

No idea what I’m getting. When the fuel gauge goes down, I put some in. Sometimes unleaded.
The van gets through what ever it gets through. 15 mpg or 30 mpg doesn’t make a lot of difference, I won’t be getting rid of it.
‘Cos I love it init.

Renault Master LWB 100 Dci self build, I have just done 10 days over in Wales, including doing countless miles up and down the steepest of side scraping single track roads and then the drive back home and over the past 450 miles my amazing 'Millie' has averaged almost 39 mpg. Last year when touring throughout France, over the nearly 5,000 miles she averaged a snug over 40 mpg.
That is very very impressive !

Even brimming and checking relies on accuracy of odometer. Do you know how accurate yours is?
My dash is showing 32.7 mpg but brimming checks show closer to 30.
My speedo shows about 3% higher speed than garmin satnav so who knows what my true mpg is.
The way you drive and the speed and terrain will have a huge effect even before factoring in tyre type and pressure, weight and aerodynamics etc of your van.
All too much hassle to work out, far too complicated to compare so as Albert Einstein once said " Dont believe owt you read on tinternet"
K ;)

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back