fuel gauge , temp gauge , rev counter , speedo problem

bayman

Free Member

hi , has anyone had this fault . autotrail chyenne 840d . my fuel gauge , rev counter , temp and speedo have stopped working . i've checked fuses and wondered if dissconnecting battery for a while would reset ecu and possible fix the problem, any advice please .

hi , has anyone had this fault . autotrail chyenne 840d . my fuel gauge , rev counter , temp and speedo have stopped working . i've checked fuses and wondered if dissconnecting battery for a while would reset ecu and possible fix the problem, any advice please .
It fixed my fuel gauge

That's worth a shot. My temperature gauge goes to half scale as soon as it's turned on and stays there. Everything else is ok.

Cheers

H

That's worth a shot. My temperature gauge goes to half scale as soon as it's turned on and stays there. Everything else is ok.

Cheers

H
Your problem is probably due to static, or is a faulty sender unit.

Two things to try:
1) Easiest is to remove the wire from the sender unit and clean the connection. Just taking it off and back on a couple of times will improve the connection.
2) Remove the binnacle over the gauges and locate the wire to the temp. gauge. Remove the wiring (with ignition off) and ensure that the connection goes to earth by using a spare bit of wire to a good earth point. That usually does the trick.

Not sure what age your van is but I had an oil pressure light staying on, replaced all the sensors and found that when I replaced the wiper motor, the wiring was rubbing up against it, perhaps you might have a similar problem, mine was a 2005 fiat ducato

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back