Wednesday, June 19, 2024 - 02:00 PM
Until: Tuesday, June 25, 2024 - 10:00 AM
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

Start: Wednesday, June 19, 2024 - 02:00 PM
End: Tuesday, June 25, 2024 - 10:00 AM
Hi I would like to join you, if there is any space left. Never done this rally thing before, sounds exciting.

This rally is full, I am taking ten reserves.

I am pleased to announce our Orkney Adventure 2024.

This rally will occur at The Point Of Ness Campsite in Stromness between June 19th and 24th of June 2024.

Link to Google Maps showing the campsite

We have the whole campsite booked again for our group for six nights covering the solstice. The campsite has all the normal facilities.

Pitches

Pitches are allocated on a first-on-the-list, first-choice basis.

I will contact each member individually and ask them what pitch they want, then update the post to show which pitches are still available.

The pitches have varying lengths from 6m to 9m.

The six grass pitches in the middle of the field are approx 6-7m wide (42m for six vans)

You can only book a pitch if your van will fit in it.

Pitch fees

35 EHU pitches, priced at £96.00 for six nights. (£16 per night)
11 NON-EHU pitches, priced at £66.00 for six nights. (£11 per night)

Paying for your pitch

You need to pay your pitch fee by bank transfer into the bank account listed below because I have to pay for the campsite from this bank account. As I have to pay for the campsite in advance, you will need to pay for your pitch fee in advance. You will get a full refund if you cancel your booking within 60 days of the rally's start (20th April 2024). If you cancel within 60 days, you will receive a full refund if a reserve takes your place.

Your pitch is not confirmed until you have paid!

Bank details:

Bank Name: Lloyds
Account Name: Motorhomer Ltd
Account Number: 61617860
Sort Code: 30-98-26

Please use your forum username and the word Orkney as the reference. (Admin Orkney)

Ferry travel

Two ferries travel to Orkney from the Scottish mainland.

Scrabster to Stromness, operated by Northlink.
Gills Bay to St Margraet's Hope, operated by Pentland Ferries

I cannot tell you the prices for June 2024 as they are not listed on their websites yet.

I will contact Northlink Ferries to secure a ferry discount once they open applications in 2024. We have previously received a 50% discount but I cannot guarantee that. I will update all the people who have booked once I know more.

Arriving at the campsite
You can arrive from 2 pm on Wednesday, 19th June 2024.
I will be there to get you parked up and explain the facilities.

Leaving the campsite

You must vacate the campsite (not just your pitch) by 10 am on Tuesday 25th June.
If you need water, grey waste disposal, or the Elsan, do this as early as possible, as lots of people will probably be trying to use these services closer to 10 am!

Finally

There is a rally at Kelso ten days after the Orkney rally finishes, which may be a good choice for those travelling back.

If you have any questions, please ask.
If there is still space on waiting list please include Mick and
i

Thanks for all the effort arranging the trip, Phil. 🙏

Was always gutted I never seemed to have either the time or money to go on all those other Scottish group trips organised a few years ago,
so I'm really excited about finally going. Like @andromeda I've never really been to Scotland much, and really no further north in Scotland than the cities of Glasgow and Edinburgh.

Apart from Stirling (day trip), Cupar (briefly), and a 4 day skiing break at Tomintoul, all many, many moons ago, so the rest of Scotland is brand new territory to us! :D

Roll on Summer! 🤞👍

GOOD NEWS!

We have received a 50% discount on passenger and vehicle travel from Northlink Ferries. I will pass the code to each member to book their ferry on 21st April 2024.

This code is ONLY for members attending this rally. If it is leaked and more vehicles are booked than we have asked for, then they may cancel the code and the bookings. DO NOT share this code with anyone; if they need it because they are attending the rally, ask them to contact me directly.

GOOD NEWS!

We have received a 50% discount on passenger and vehicle travel from Northlink Ferries. I will pass the code to each member to book their ferry on 21st April 2024.

This code is ONLY for members attending this rally. If it is leaked and more vehicles are booked than we have asked for, then they may cancel the code and the bookings. DO NOT share this code with anyone; if they need it because they are attending the rally, ask them to contact me directly.
Thank you , that’s a good discount

GOOD NEWS!

Great stuff Phil, well done, that's great news 👍

I came into this very late as I’m normally on the other W/C site.
I also noticed that the reserve list has dwindled from the ten originally on it.
I would like you to add my name to the reserves please, having enjoyed the previous excursions.

Back