Fuse to OBD port

GMLS

Anyone know which fuse protects the odp port on a current Fiat chassis Thinking of removing it until required, as security against potential hacking.

You might consider an OBD port protection device. Not as cheap a solution as removing a fuse but the fuse might cover more than the OBD port. For example, on 2007-2014 Ducatos:

Fuse 24
Radio
Alarm
Diagnostic socket
Air conditioning
Tachograph
10.0 A

Anyone know which fuse protects the odp port on a current Fiat chassis Thinking of removing it until required, as security against potential hacking.
Hmm!! How do you hack an OBD2 port?

Ah, thanks I'll see if I can find one on Amazon.

But how is it done?

I'm not going to publicly share but it's pretty easy to find out how on Internet.

It's just I've never even heard of it happening.

But don't you need to access the OBD2 physically?

Hmm!! How do you hack an OBD2 port?
Hi my Ford Transit based mh was stolen Along with others on Ford base across S of Scotland. The method was thief picks lock, plugs into OBD port and programs a brand new key and drives away. Under 10 minutes.
I cut my OBD port off and then fitted spade connectors onto the wires so that it could be used by reconnecting if required.

Seems a step too far when there are so many visible deterrents, and wouldn't adding a simple toggle switch to the pump electrics kill any chance of it starting without spending a fortune?

I wonder if the secure gateway OBD port on newish Ducato van is any more secure?
Marginally. It was cracked before it was even fitted to the Ducato, having been introduced to some other Fiat vehicles earlier. I'd rather rely on a TVL or Protect-a-Van OBD lock.

Marginally. It was cracked before it was even fitted to the Ducato, having been introduced to some other Fiat vehicles earlier. I'd rather rely on a TVL or Protect-a-Van OBD lock.
I’m going to get one, undecided on locking cover or electronic at the moment. Thanks for your reply.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back