Gas level sensors

The Nose Knows about 2 days before gas bottle goes MT never let us down yet now don't look for replacement until the nose says so

Got them from gas it Gordon https://www.gasit.co.uk/bluetooth-gas-level-sensors.html I got two sensors and the Bluetooth display for inside van think I was £155. But if you’ve only got one bottle you only need the one sensor £55 and the app for the phone or iPad works better than the Bluetooth senor so I wouldn’t bother with that.
Cheers wully ,got two so will get two and the in van display ,was watching a video and they were saying they pick the level up at 50%on the 11kg bottles and are pretty accurate there on down

Are your two bottles always connected to each other? Do they drain equally? Would that mean only one sensor required?

I have no idea!

Looks as though they only work with bottles 11kg and larger... shame :(

Nice 1, thanks for the info (y)

One small thing though .....................................

the first screen shot shows an empty tank and one at 89% and the second screen shot shows an empty tank and one at 91%.

Both screen shots are within a minute of each other with the same date :unsure:

Last edited:
Obviously the magnets won't work!
I see mention of double sided tape - need to avoid the sensor though

Last edited:
Nice 1, thanks for the info (y)

One small thing though .....................................

the first screen shot shows an empty tank and one at 89% and the second screen shot shows an empty tank and one at 91%.

Both screen shots are within a minute of each other with the same date :unsure:
Well spotted, I can’t imagine they would be 100% accurate, I suppose if you took say 10 readings over an hour that might indicate the degree of accuracy.

Sounds like just what I have been looking for.. however, I only have room for a 6kg and a 13kg cylinder, they are not connected, I just change the cylinders over when one empties.
Am I right in saying by reading the lit on the website about these gauges, I would then have to have two gauges, one to read the 6kg and another for the 13kg?

Sounds like just what I have been looking for.. however, I only have room for a 6kg and a 13kg cylinder, they are not connected, I just change the cylinders over when one empties.
Am I right in saying by reading the lit on the website about these gauges, I would then have to have two gauges, one to read the 6kg and another for the 13kg?

I can answer this one myself, after reading the info properly:

"When you buy this Bluetooth sensor you will note we are asking for information on which make and size of gas bottle the sensor is to be used on. This informational is for ongoing development work only and not so we can select a specific and unique sensor for you depending on your answer. "

You would in theory need two gauges.
However as you have two bottles presumably you use 13kg primarily and then swap to the 6kg until you replace the 13kg?
If you are using exchange bottles like this I have to suggest that you don't really need a gauge.
If you have a refillable system it can be really handy to have an accurate idea of remaining gas without opening the locker or if underslung tank probably essential.
Having said that, if I'm filling with diesel at a supermarket with cheap gas available I always top the gas up regardless.
We often use both pumps at once to speed things up!
I have a 6kg exchange back up to my one 11kg Gaslow just in case I do run out but on my top up regularly regime don't expect to use it or feel the need for minute by minute readings.
I know the likely maximum time for the Gaslow so do a bit of planning ahead to see where cheapest supplier is going to be on my route.

Well spotted, I can’t imagine they would be 100% accurate, I suppose if you took say 10 readings over an hour that might indicate the degree of accuracy.

I was curious because the screenshots are less than a minute apart at 12.43

I presume the motorhome didn`t move so the levels theoretically should be the same.

The liquid gas could have warmed up - remember propane expands quite a lot.
Anyway what's 1% among friends?

The screenshots are off the two sensors I have one full tank and one empty tank keep one turned off had just fitted the sensors seemingly it can take an hour for them to get an acrate reading after they’ve been fitted for the first time so will give slightly different readings.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back