Gel coat

silverweed

After having sustained a 5p size crack in the gel coating on the front wing of my Hymer I am wondering if anyone knows of a reputable repair place in or near North Herts. I had a woman open her car door in the dark, in the rain, on the traffic side when putting her toddles in the back of her black car and then get snotty with me but I can see this will end up knock for knock and as that is my only damage. I find it unbelievable what people think safe

You’re right, I’ve no intention of going through Insurance for repair but it has been declared to them as the other party is trying to claim off my insurance for damage to her back door, one of those people carrier Fords

Yep i got one on my we car door in tescos,unless its on cam you have no chance,just fix it,easy peasy.

I was moving and she wasn’t and no witnesses
Find it a bit strange that you had such small damage on GRP ,and a steel door has enough damage to warrant an insurance claim ??? .did you inspect for damage after the incident . you should report the incident to your
own insurance company. Even if you don't make a claim . always be aware that they may put in a latter injuries claim..

Last edited:
Find it a bit strange that you had such small damage on GRP ,and a steel door has enough damage to warrant an insurance claim ??? .did you inspect for damage after the incident . you should report the incident to your
own insurance company. Even if you don't make a claim . always be aware that they may put in a latter injuries claim..
She told me she didn’t have details with her but would phone them to me. I text her later that evening and next day but told to wait. Next thing my insurance company phones me to confirm that the accident happened and that I was accepting responsibility. I think she thought if she got there first it was a done deal. And yes she is claiming injury

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back